PDA

View Full Version : Oh DEER!

JoyNChrist
10-28-2006, 06:41 PM
So DH is a deer hunter. Not exactly my thing (for ethical reasons), but whatever. I grew up around it (my dad and grandpa are really into it too) and knew about it when I married him, so I know better than to complain now. And it does get him out of my hair for a little while, lol.

But do you really have to call your wife - your pregnant wife who was up all night because of an ear infection - at 7am on a Saturday to bring you the skinning knife that you forgot?!?

(And NO, I didn't end up bringing it to him. But I didn't get an apology for waking me up either.)

Hmph!

trentsmom
10-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Ugh. I found it so hard to sleep when I was pregnant. If DH did that to me, I would be fuming. But when DH hunted, he was so far from home that there would have been no way for me to find him. I hope you were able to get in a nap or two today!

Radosti
10-29-2006, 06:15 AM
My FIL hunts, but thankfully DH has no interest in it. My brother has decided that he is now into it. Last year, he was going to go hunting, but he lives in the mountains in Colorado, and someone did a hit-and-run with a deer right in front on him. So, he called state police and asked them if he could just take that deer (since he saw it get hit). Actually, I think he called my dad first and my dad, keeping in mind that my brother was intent on shooting a deer anyway, convinced him to take that one. This year, however, he ended up going hunting. He is a pharmacist who drives a Murano... and he fancies himself a hunter.

My niece, who will be three this year, was riding in his car with him last week and they saw deer in a field. She quickly tells him, "Daddy, don't look at the deer, they are afraid of you!!!"

There is a family of deer who walk around in our yard behind our fence every once in a while. The buck is absolutely stunning with a huge rack. Every time I see him, I feel sad because come hunting season, every bozo out there will be trying to kill him for that rack.

pb&j
10-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Bad, DH, bad!

Though, I have to say, I'd rather eat venison from a deer that got to live its life cavorting in the wild, than eat a hamburger that came from factory-farmed cattle.

-Ry,
mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/35775.gif
http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img] ([img)

c914
11-01-2006, 01:13 PM
My DH lives for deer season. I grew up in a rural area, and my dad and brother are both avid outdoorsmen (fishing, bird hunting) but never got into deer hunting. My mom got my dad to give up deer hunting once she had my brother and I. (I've gotta ask her how she did it).

Needless to say, I got married to a city-boy, who hunts, loves to hunt, sometimes I wonder if he married me just so he could go hunting on my families' land. Every year , I get the dictate that "Carla, I just live for this time of year, its one thing that I really enjoy doing for myself" so off he'll go again - and i'll pray for a safe year (even though the freezer is still full from last year);

Carla