PDA

View Full Version : Why did I let ds pick?? What was I thinking?!

SnuggleBuggles
10-30-2006, 09:13 PM
We were carving pumpkins tonight and I picked out a pattern from one of those books. It was nice and easy. I asked ds what he thought since it was our pumpkin and he said that he didn't like it. So, he picked out a different pattern- this tedious one with bats and the word "creepy." Why did I agree?? I am a terrible pumpkin carver to begin with. So I poked out the pattern and then got to work. I got lazy with the poking and figured I would know how the pattern looked. Turned out I was wrong and my bats are just a smidge weird looking.

I have currently quit and will wait for dh to come back home. I'll let him finish the "p,y, !". My hand hurts too much to go on.

I'm probably a terrible role model as ds watched me quit. And he listened to me complain about what he picked. He actually apologized a few times for choosing that one. It was very sweet. :)

I really just shouldn't have given him a choice.

Oh, and the little saws that were in the set were terrible. The nice, comfort handle one broke the very first time I tried to use it. Grrr...

Thank you for letting me post my first bitch. It feels good to vent.

Beth
ds 6/02

bcky2
10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
lol, that is why i now tell ds to pick between two of the easy ones. i pick out two that i know i can do and ask him which one he likes better. i hate doing thoes things and the little saws break all the time.

Beth568
10-31-2006, 08:54 AM
I have to smile - we have the same set, and the saws were AWFUL. I bought one at CVS last year, and the saws were really pretty good - cut well, didn't break, etc. And I can't find them!

I got the blade of one saw stuck in a pumpkin last night and the handle broke right off. My DD almost heard some new and interesting words from me! ;)

Daddy is going to carve the really big pumpkin with her tonight. I'm done. So you're not alone.