PDA

View Full Version : Ummm.... could we be any more picky???

Radosti
10-31-2006, 10:34 PM
OK, I'm PMS'ing, so bear with me here. I've always viewed freecycle.org as a place to give away stuff that you don't need for free locally. Like an online free garage sale. Recently, my local freecycle has turned into the "wanted" classifieds. People want everything under the sun and aren't afraid to ask for it. That normally doesn't bother me. I give away stuff on it all the time. Just gave away my old scanner on Sunday. My stuff goes to good use and I declutter.

Today, I just about flipped out enough to write this woman a letter about looking a gift horse in the mouth and being a shameless wench. Then, I figured that my sarcasm would be lost on her. For Pete's sake... she's asking for a painting and then putting a boat load of restrictions on what she'll take to weed out the riff raff who might want to dump all their paintings on her unsuspecting self. Not only that, but she can't spell worth ler life. Gahhhhh!!!!! Here is her ad:

WANTED: LARGE PAINTING/PRINT- PLEASE READ

I am looking for a large 18"x24" or larger painting or print for my
bedroom above my Queensize headboard. Prefer a floral(magnolias,
guardinias or large flower), or french countryish theme with sage green
colors in it.
Im not interested in modern art or Picaso type art. Would prefer the
picture and frame to be in good to excellent shape.
If you have something laying about and no intent on using it..Please
send me a picture with size and any details. I can promise it a good
home.
Thanks for reading.

C99
10-31-2006, 10:52 PM
I know -- that is the biggest problem with freecycle. But hey, there are chances that someone has something like that they have and don't want.