PDA

View Full Version : Ended a wonderful Halloween evening with...

tny915
11-01-2006, 03:17 AM
...vomit in the car. Then spent an hour taking apart the carseat, doing laundry, sponging the mess off the seatbelts and that cushy lining of the Roundabout. It took a good ten minutes to just get the mess out of the velcro straps. And it all STILL smells. Arrrrghhhh.

Any tips?

While I'm at it, I also can't seem to fall asleep till after midnight, and then am wide awake at 5am, just staring at the ceiling. And I think I'm coming down with a cold.

Okay, I'm done now.

denna
11-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Sorry you had such a terrible ending to a wonderful evening. There is actually a post about this in the car seat forum, that I just saw this week. I know some suggestions were the Lysol wipes, but I think there may be instructions (someone stated this in a reply) that says you soap and water when cleaning the straps (because of degradation). I use a lil bit of oxi-clean and an old burp cloth to go over DS's seat weekly. You could try some febreeze, and those nifty lil shout wipes!

GOod luck w/ the mess. Im sorry that your getting sick and cant sleep too.

(HUGS)

and I HTH

Denna

oliviasmomma
11-01-2006, 08:29 AM
If it is a nice day you could try parking it in the sunshine with the doors open. Sometimes that works better than things to cover up the smell. (I think it makes it worse to keep the car closed up--just my non-scientific, made up theory though!)

DebbieJ
11-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Get some Nature's Miracle or other product used to get rid of pet smells. It will break down the enzymes in the vomit and help the smell.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

tny915
11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Thank you! I got some Nature's Miracle yesterday and went to town on the lingering odors in the spongy lining and the straps. The smell was gone almost immediately!