PDA

View Full Version : Someone egged my house last night!

tny915
11-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I've lived in the city my entire life amongst numerous weirdos and unsupervised teenagers and never had anything happen to us around Halloween. Heck, we even lived in Berkeley, filled to the brim with interesting characters and had quiet Halloweens. We moved to the suburbs this year, where it's so quiet at night all I hear are frogs and crickets. And THIS is where we get egged?!? We weren't even home last night so didn't notice till this morning. You can't even get to our neighborhood unless you drive into it. It's a very hilly community development with no sidewalks, so not a destination for anyone unless (1)our community was targeted or (2)it's a kid from the community. Neither scenario sounds appealing.

I'm so angry!!!

dules
11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Yuck. I'm so sorry. I hope you get to the bottom of it - IMO a little TP is no big deal but eggs are destructive. If the kids are caught I hope they have to clean up/make restitutions.

Mary

jillc
11-01-2006, 04:22 PM
I can't believe it! That is so infuriating. I hope the clean-up isn't too grueling. Ugh. Hugs.

tarabenet
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Crummy experience for you. I'm sorry. But I would bet that the accessibilty problems you describe are exactly why your house got it. Ding-dongs wanted to do somthing "bad" but were actually big chickens. They went seraching for a place with no traffic where it looked like no one was home, so the wouldn't get caught. Try to write it off to adolescent idiocy, and don't waste any more time or energy on the doofuses (doofi?) who did it. They aren't important in your world.