PDA

View Full Version : Way to squash his imagination and creativity lady

punkrockmama
11-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Ugh my MIL came over to see the kids today and I was nursing Layla when she arrived. So she hung out with Peyton in the playroom until I was done (you know, because it's totally gross). Anywho when I was walking back into the playroom I heard her telling him not to worry that she would buy him all the engines he wanted so he wouldn't have to make do with what he has.

Now, Peyton has TONS of train gear. Engines, tracks, etc...I have no problem buying him more and have plans for Xmas to add the obsess-I mean collection.

But for the engines he dosen't have he uses his cardboard blocks that look like bricks. He pretends they are engines, lines them up as if they are coupled up and names them. I think it's super cute and I love how creative he is. He's always talking and making up stories, and having them talk to each other. So cute!

It's a good thing. In fact, this makes me think that I shouldn't even get as much as I was planning on when he's perfectly happy with what he has now.

So take that dragon lady. Oh, and how did you like the pink stripe? I saw you roll your eyes at me. Ha!

*I changed the title of my post because it's not nice to call people old like that.

mariza
11-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Too bad you didn't pink stripe Peyton's hair too, that would have sent her right over }(

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

bubbaray
11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
He he he-- we think alike!

MILs suck

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png

dules
11-01-2006, 09:04 PM
How annoying. We knew she was evil, and she keeps proving it!

I think it's great that he uses blocks for trains - it shows creativity and resourcefulness!

What's the pink stripe? I assumed it was in his hair.... ;)

Mary

DrSally
11-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Your son is so creative! That's awesome. I haven't heard things in the past about your MIL, so I don't have a context, but sounds like this is not the first time.

maestramommy
11-02-2006, 04:40 PM
What?! I think it's awesome that he uses block to pretend they're engines. That's what the brain is for, to come with things like that! I say tell your MIL he doesn't need any more trains 'cause he loves what he's got and it's very good to exercise his imagination. I'm sure you know plenty of sources saying how children need to imaginative play. Anything to get her to back down.

maestramommy
11-02-2006, 04:41 PM
What?! I think it's awesome that he uses blocks to pretend they're engines. That's what the brain is for, to come with things like that! I say tell your MIL he doesn't need any more trains 'cause he loves what he's got and it's very good to exercise his imagination. I'm sure you know plenty of sources saying how children need to imaginative play. Anything to get her to back down.

punkrockmama
11-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys! :) Yeah, I mean I know that's part of the granny code to spoil the kids and so on. And I'm down with that as she's good to my children. But I just didn't like the way she told him. Like it was wrong to play like that and stop playing like that because she's going to buy him whatever he wants so he won't have to just make do. Because it's such a hardship to have to pretend,lol.

Mary-Yes, it's in my hair,lol. It's been blue for awhile now and so I was bored and ready for a change and since I did have a girl....I'm a dork! :)

Sally-While she's not my favorite person, I really don't hate her or anything because I've got better ways to spend my time. But I am not, shall we say, her favorite person? To be honest, I am A LOT younger than my husband and she totally sees me as an insult to her perfect (and kinda stuck up) family. Ah well, I love her son, he loves me and we're a happy little family so she can just suck it. :D

kijip
11-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Don't worry too much. Toby keeps getting engines and trains he wants though various means and he still adds more in with blocks, pieces of paper and doo-dads. Seriously- yesterday he assembeled one such train that he was saying was a certain other train where he actually owns all of those engines. Their imaginations don't get so easily turned off.