PDA

View Full Version : A bitch about my bitching...

JoyNChrist
11-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Let me just start off by saying how proud of myself I've been for not turning into the "crazy pregnant lady." Everyone I know told me how moody pregnancy would make me, but I truly believed I could avoid it. And I think I have, for the most part. At least until this week...

I have been on DH's case about EVERYTHING. Poor guy - it's like he can't do anything right. For example, he always plays basketball with some of his buddies at the church gym on Tuesday nights. I'm usually so cool about this...I mean, he's not bar-hopping or anything, and he's doing something to stay in shape. What's not to like about it, right? But last night, I threw a fit about him going. My reason? Because I can't go play volleyball anymore like I did every Thursday night before I got pregnant. So since I can't do it, he shouldn't do it. Or something like that.

There have been so many similar things like that lately. And the bad thing is, I know it's crazy while I'm doing it. But for some reason, I can't help myself.

I knew it was bad tonight when we went over to my mom's for dinner. She had told me earlier today that she was making vegetable soup. I love her vegetable soup, and I was really excited about having it. So I guess it's understandable that I was a little disappointed when we got to her house and saw that she'd decided to try a new chicken recipe instead. What's not understandable is that I was so disappointed, I almost cried. Seriously. I'm a grown, married woman (who's supposedly relatively intelligent), and I wanted to cry because my mom didn't cook vegetable soup.

Please tell me I'm not losing my mind. And that this goes away soon. My poor husband!

jgriffin
11-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I hear you...you're not losing your mind! My hormones have had me up and down for the past few weeks, too, and sometimes it's like I'm just this horrible, nasty person, and other times I'm a crying mess! Luckily DH is incredibly understanding and tries not to take what I'm saying too seriously. :) I just apologize to him when I'm not in a state, and try not to dwell on it.

goodnightmoon
11-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I got teary today when someone let me get in front of him in traffic. :)

I'm sure your husband understands. My DH would definitely rather deal with a few of my weird moods here and there than go through pregnancy himself!

I hope it gets better for you, though...and that your mom makes you the veggie soup soon. ;)

Laura
mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

Mommy Of A Little Angel
11-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Oh I know what you mean! When I was pregnant with DD, I thought I was pretty level-headed, but occasionally I would just lose it. DH and I realized that about once a month I had a completely irrational breakdown about nothing. We both knew it was just me being crazy and DH would just hear me out until it passed. Then, we would laugh about it afterwards. It happens to everyone but it sounds like you are both dealing with it very well!

StantonHyde
11-01-2006, 10:38 PM
oh honey, is that me or what? After DC 2, my husband informed me that I was NEVER allowed to be pg again :-) Poor guy. With my first one, I honestly felt like somebody just took my body and gave me some weird thing attached to my head. yuck. I feel for you. It gets better after delivery :-)

maestramommy
11-02-2006, 04:44 PM
No you're not losing your mind. This happens to a lot of people. It didn't happen to me the first time around, but this time I'm definitely more moody. I think it's partly because I'm more tired, and after a day with Dora my fuse is just a wee bit shorter.

((HUGS)). Tell your Dh you're sorry, it's just going to be like this for a little while. I THINK the first trimester is the worst, but YMMV.

sidmand
11-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I really wasn't moody in general and pretty surprised about that, but I had a total breakdown in Outback of all places. We had an awful time settling on a name we were both happy with. We had finally decided on one and were going to tell people soon. DH's cousin had a baby (single mom) and couldn't decide on a name. Her mom said she was pretty sure it was going to be Jonas. The next thing we hear she had kind of picked out of the air and decided...Jacob. Well, that was the name we had finally decided on!

I just burst into tears and told DH that I didn't care what name the baby had. He could just pick whatever he wanted (and we were calling him "Fausto" in utero, and that might have been what DH went with!) and I wanted nothing to do with it.

Needless to say I did change my mind later...

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

buttergirl12
11-03-2006, 07:29 AM
You are not alone. During my first pregnancy I was just a little more emotional but now I'm a irrational raving lunatic. If I wasn't pregnant I would go to the doctor for help. Luckily, most of the time DH doesn't take me seriously.

Manja
WAHM to J 10/2003

http://b4.lilypie.com/pTxzm4/.png[/img][/url]

http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/f184502.jpg[/img][/url]

elephantmeg
11-03-2006, 03:17 PM
my stellar moment was hitting DH over the head with a pillow while sobbing uncontrollably saying "I want a new refrigerator and stove, I don't want S's cast off, we budgeted for it and a flat top stove is the only thing I wanted, why do you get what you want and I don't". All this brought on by the suggestion that we look at a fridge/stove some friends were thinking about selling (we had to get one fore our new house). We bought a (new) fridge and stove that day. It gets better :)

jestagrl79
11-03-2006, 05:00 PM
I threw a plate at my husband and then started bawling because he put the rolls for dinner in the oven to reheat. It's simply because our partners aren't mind readers. It WILL get better. Just make sure you have extra plates.

Megs

http://b1.lilypie.com/mrXym5/.png

bubbaray
11-03-2006, 05:15 PM
When I was PG with DD#1, I yelled at my DH when he didn't get frosted strawberry Poptarts that were on my grocery list. He went back to the store and got frosted RASPBERRY Poptarts. I lost it. Seriously, I lost it. He still laughs about the @#$%^ Poptart episode to this day.

FWIW, I think its worse this time around. Maybe because DD#1 still d/n sleep well and we are running on 2.5 yrs of no sleep here.

Hugs to you!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

http://bd.lilypie.com/SasRm7.png