PDA

View Full Version : i have begun to HATE weekends because DH is such a grouch

lizajane
11-04-2006, 07:19 PM
i spend most of my weekend trying to make DH happy. i am done. i am tired of telling him how to play with his own kids if they are stuck at home. i am tired of being asked to "rescue" him when DS1 is whining. i am tired of being asked EVERY weekend "what are your plans for the weekend" when i have spent the whole week saying, "i really need some sewing time this weekend (for my business- i am desperately trying to make enough money at it so i can keep staying home, at least 1/2 time.)

american_mama
11-04-2006, 09:04 PM
I hear you. I am in the midst of a huge headache, a rarity for me, for similar reasons. My DH also cannot play with his own children and guaranteed can't do it without the TV on. If I tape recorded him, most of his conversation with them would be "No. Stop. Do this. Don't do that. Uh huh." He also forgets to feed them, change a diaper, or take DD2 to the potty. And then he feels bad that they both prefer me.

So often, I look forward to the nights or the weekends so we can be together, but so very often, I am disappointed. I hate concluding that it's easier to expect nothing. In my household, I turn into the grouch... and I spend a lot of time lately hating everyone I am supposed to love.

himom
11-05-2006, 04:12 AM
I can commiserate. I could get into details, but it'll just make me more grouchy. So I'll just say, "AMEN, sister."

southern_kali_gurl
11-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Sadly I feel the same way. We'll talk about it and things will improve but it doesn't take long before it's the same ol' routine again. Sigh.

kozachka
11-05-2006, 02:09 PM
(((Hugs))), Liza. Unfortunately, I can relate. My DH does know how to entertain DS pretty well, especially outside, but getting him to do it is a Herculean effort. The fact that DH has been hungover 2-3 times per week, including at least once over the week-end, over the last one-two months and as the result the only thing he feels like doing all day is sleeping, does not help things at all. And than I get blamed for nagging and b!tching. Today when he started to threaten to take sleeping pills (which he's done many times before), I told him to go ahead. I know it's bad but it's almost easier for me to deal with DS if DH is not around doing nothing to help. And you know what, DH was more helpful today than most week-ends.

overcome
11-05-2006, 05:02 PM
same here...it gets discouraging

firstbaby
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I could have written your post. In fact, DH and I both agreed last weekend that we BOTH hate weekends. We feel so much pressure to make it super fun for the kids and also to catch up on the house from the week, and what we both really want is a little break from everything. Would a regular baby sitter pay for herself if you could get sewing done or have some time to yourself?

lizajane
11-06-2006, 09:07 AM
sadly, i have had a babysitter come on a weekend while DH was asleep. she is only 13, so only $6/hr. but the sad fact is that we just can't spend any extra money on anything right now. the plumber was a HUGE punch in the gut...