PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong to be annoyed or is this my fault?

mommyoftwo
11-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Every once in a while, I hire someone to help me clean the house. It was supposed to be a regular thing but the babysitting job I was going to use to pay for it fell through. So the cleaning lady came once six weeks ago and then everything got crazy with the funerals and everything. So I called her last week because the house is an absolute dissaster and I need help. She was supposed to come on Friday and called me in the morning to confirm a time. I had gotten up super early (5:30) with the girls and had gotten them back to sleep so I was sleeping when she called around nine. Last time we agreed that she would call around ten so I would be been up by then. Anyway, I was thinking out loud trying to figure out how to work her in to the day because some things had come up and she said if I was busy and Monday would be better she would come then. That was fine with me so we left it that she would call me today before she came over. She hadn't called me by 10:20 so I figured I better check in with me. She said that she thought I was going to call her to confirm a time and since I didn't she figured she wouldn't hear from me. I'm not sure when she thought I was going to call her since I just talked to her on Friday. Anyway, she said she couldn't come today and would Wednesday be okay. I said sure that would be fine because I need the help, but I'm a little annoyed. She gave me a lecture about how I couldn't leave her hanging and I totally understand how she got that feeling on friday. However, she came late the first time and doesn't return my phone calls for several days. I had planned my day around her being here and now I have to reschedule for Wednesday. I know Friday didn't work out well and that was mostly my fault, but I feel like she is putting me off. If I'm totally wrong about this, will someone tell me. He prices are really good and this is a huge stretch for us as it is, but I am thinking I won't call her again if this is going to keep happening.

AngelaS
11-06-2006, 11:08 AM
It sounds like a simple break down in communication. She tried to call before coming on Friday, you missed the call so she couldn't come that day. You thought she was calling you today, but maybe she thought you were calling her, so now today's messed up. Wednesday works for both of you.

I think in the future, you should just set a time "Wednesday at 10" or whatever and know that's when she's coming, so you can both be ready, instead of trying to set something up the day of. It would probably be better for her to know a few days in advance too, since I assume she cleans for others and likes knowing when she's getting a paycheck. :)

mommyoftwo
11-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I told her to come Wednesday at 10 so there would be no misunderstanding this time. We had set up a time before, it was just that she was going to call before coming over just to make sure everything was still okay. I just got the feeling today that she had decided she wasn't going to come today and her excuse was that I hadn't called her. Since I thought we had confirmed for today when we talked on Friday and she knew that we had planned for today when I talked to her this morning, I don't understand why she couldn't have come over after we finished talking. Hopefully wednesday will go better.

mommyoftwo
11-08-2006, 10:38 AM
I knew there was something funny about what happened Monday but I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. It could have just been a misunderstanding. Unfortunately, she didn't show up this morning either. She was supposed to be here 35 minutes ago and I haven't gotten a phone call saying that she would be late. We clearly stated that she was going to come at 10 this morning so there wouldn't be any confusion. I guess it's time to look for someone else. I miss my old cleaning lady. :(

BaileyBea
11-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey my cleaning lady hasn't shown up either! I am ticked off because she's suppose to come every other Weds. She knows the schedule. Last time I didn't have exact change and i gave her an extra $10.. So she got some extra bucks from me.

ARGH! Good help is hard to find.

Nancy

mommyoftwo
11-08-2006, 11:19 AM
ARGH is right. I'm never calling this lady again. I had only used her one time before and I wasn't thrilled but the price was right so I thought I would give her another try. She had shown up late, left early and didn't clean as thoroughly as I would have expected. Fortunately, I have a lead on someone else from a friend though she charges more. I guess I'll just do it less often and know that it will be done right. Sorry your cleaning lady didn't show up. I hope there is a good explanation.