PDA

View Full Version : Why does DS not nap on days I have an exam?

niccig
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Without fail DS sleeps 2-3 hours, except on days that I have an exam! And I'm only taking one subject so it's months between exams. Does he know that I'm occupied with something else? Does he want me to fail so I stop classes and be his full-time? Why????
And I can't complain to DH, because he'll say that maybe I should stop studying if I can't get it done. He half-heartedly supports it. And to top it off, I'm not as prepared as I normally am, that's my fault, so I really need 2 more hours to cram....

Aaagh...please kiddo, just sleeppppppppppppppp.

Nicci

Nicsmom
11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I can totally relate to what you are going through. Do you have someone who can help you with DS the days you have an exam? Even if he naps, can you ask someone to be your backup in case he does not nap? It is impossible to study with a child around.

kcandz
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I swear they know. Its like they pick up on your stress levels or something. I have tried to appear calm externally, breathing deeply to fool myself, but I fool no-one: not me and absolutely not my DC.

Good luck with your exams.

niccig
11-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the understanding. Turned out that sesame street is my friend on exam days. I think I did OK in the exam, thankfully all the questions were options, eg. answer 3 out of 5, so I could choose the questions I answered.

I'll look into a babysitter for the day of the final. Duh, for not thinking of that earlier.

bisous
11-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I don't know if I can provide any new suggestions but just wanted to commiserate. My DS did exactly the same thing (when he was still napping but that's a whole 'nother post!) Being a mom and a student is challenging for sure. It has become a little easier now that my DS is three instead of two and I've found a few activities that he is so involved in that I can actually get in a good hour or two of studying. I'm sure that you will find your balance. Sending you big hugs!