PDA

View Full Version : I just need to whine......long............

boogiemom
11-09-2006, 09:53 PM
I am so ready for my life to get back to normal. The past six months have been a nightmare.

-My IL's moved nearby in April. That's not the whine. Actually, I love my IL's. We were so excited that they were going to be close by. I was looking forward to having a babysitting option occasionally. I wanted my kids to gave grandparents nearby. I was really looking forward to doing things with my MIL as we were very close. We spoke on the phone daily and liked all the same things.
She had cancer and was being treated when she moved. Unfortunately, after moving here and setting up a room for my boys to sleep in during many sleep-overs, etc., it was discovered that none of the treatments were working and there were no other options. In late August, her Dr. said she'd be gone in approx. 8 weeks. She died on Oct. 28th after a nasty downhill slide. We knew and we still weren't ready. We didn't want to see her have to go on as she was and yet we didn't want her to leave us. I miss her. She was literally one of my best friends.

-My dad informed me mid-October that he was going to apply to go on a police training mission in Afghanistan for a year. We found out he was leaving on Nov. 4th, the day he left. He doesn't know when or how he will be able to contact us. I hate this.

-In August, my mom told me she was having surgery in early Nov. She wouldn't tell me for what but said it wasn't medically necessary. She had surgery on Nov. 2nd and it was a tummy tuck. Honestly, with everything else that has gone on, I can't imagine why anyone would CHOOSE to take a risk like this. I am completely unhappy with my body right now and probably always will be but I can't imagine taking a risk like that and putting my family through the stress and worry.

-This one's stupid but it's contributing to my overall cruddiness so..... I also recently found out that I have sleep apnea. So, now I have to wear this irritating nasal thing that blows air up my nose all friggin' night. It drives me nuts. I hate the thing touching my nose. I hate the tube because it gets in my way. I'm tired.

-Which leads me to......Of course, if I could quit eating everything in sight, maybe I could lose the weight that is causing the problem. I have no control.

I'm just so tired....

buddyleebaby
11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
I just wanted to send you a big hug.

kristenk
11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
(((hugs))) I was trying to write out an eloquent response and it's just not working. I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL and your dad's current inaccessibility and your mom's non-medically-necessary surgery and your apnea machine. I hope you hear from your dad soon and know *when* in the future you'll be able to hear from him. I'm glad your mom made it through surgery okay. She didn't have to do it, but at least it's over with and you don't have to worry about it. (((hugs)))

Jenn98
11-09-2006, 11:15 PM
All those things are enough to drive me nuts individually let alone all together! I sure hope you get a moment to gather yourself and get a break. Just rememebr that when it gets to be too tough it's really only one step at a time - don't look at the big picture, just take it day by day, or hour by hour! Am I making any sense or should I just go to bed now? ;) ((((((HUGS)))))))

sidmand
11-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Tani,

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Each one separately would be tough enough, but I think saying the last six months has been a nightmare is an understatement. Hugs to you. Take care of yourself and I hope things get better soon.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

boogiemom
11-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was having a bit of a "moment" and it didn't help that my DH was traveling this week. I really appreciate the kind thoughts and words. It's just been difficult lately.

Thank You.

dules
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
How hard things have been for you. Any one of those things would be a lot to handle, and you've had them all in a very short time. {{{hugs}}}

Mary