PDA

View Full Version : Checking account charged twice for same check!

hbridge
11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Okay, I am so mad I can barely see straight. On Friday I checked my checking account to see if a transaction had cleared and noticed that my CC company had charged my checking account twice for the same check. It even listed the same check number twice. The bank with the checking account says it will take at least ten days for them to clear it up since the check was processed electronically.
Since it's a holiday weekend, my CC company says they can't do anything until Monday (after I was told it would be cleared up by midnight on Friday). WTH, after three hours on the phone with the kids screaming I finally am told that there is nothing they can do?!?!?!? In the mean time my checking account is overdrawn and I have no money for groceries ect, because twice as much money was taken out! The women at the CC company had the nerve to tell me that I needed to "calm down". This was after three hours on the phone with my poor child needing my attention! The scary part is that my checking account has some cushion and I still have a problem!

Radosti
11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh no no no!!! I'd be sitting my behind down and writing the credit card company a scathing letter outlining exactly how much grief they caused you and unless they do something good for you, you (a long time and loyal cardholder) are leaving and taking your business elsewhere.

Sorry, can you tell I am fuming on your behalf?

katiesmommy
11-13-2006, 01:01 PM
We've had things like this happen. DH always handles it for me, he gets things settled immediatly. Our bank will give us an immediate credit and then check things out for themselves. Personally, I'd be asking for a supervisor, and if they don't want to give you one you can always tell them that they can either give you a supervisor or sit on the phone with you all day, it's their choice.