PDA

View Full Version : (WARNING LOSS MENTIONED) Can't Get This Accident Out of My Mind

jenmcadams
11-12-2006, 09:04 PM
This is probably a pointless post (hence the bitching post location), but I just wanted to write this down for some reason. There was a terrible hit and run accident here in Denver on Friday night and a family of four was hit by a speeding (apparently drunk) driver who ran a red light. The family was crossing the street legally and the mother and two children were killed (the father is in fair condition and should make it). My sister knows the father (he's a principal in Denver Public Schools and actually was the head of her cohort when she was going through the principal's institute). I just can't seem to get the accident out of my mind. I don't generally have any road rage issues and I'm a pretty mellow person, but people driving recklessly put me over the edge. I see jerks driving 100mph down the freeway every once in a while and I truly don't understand them. I would be completely and totally in favor of people driving that recklessly being given mandatory jail sentences even if they're just pulled over. I can't imagine the pain the father is going through and will go through all because someone was so stupid. I also can't get this quote from one of the news stories out of my head

"The Binghams were out for a family evening Friday. Macie was wearing a ballerina princess outfit, and Garrison, dressed in a Superman cape, was being pushed in a double stroller, The Denver Post reported."

Please keep this family in your prayers and thanks for letting me vent

crl
11-12-2006, 09:59 PM
How terribly sad.

C99
11-12-2006, 10:48 PM
My DH showed me that on CNN.com last night and I was also very upset by it. It makes me so sad and mad - it was a freak accident, no way to prevent it (from the family's perspective), but it's still one of those things that can really shake you up. We had all been out earlier in our city and crossed several busy streets together. It almost makes you want to never leave your house when you hear about stuff like this happening.

buddyleebaby
11-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Saying a prayer and hugging my babies a little tighter.

tylersmama
11-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I started crying uncontrollably when I saw this on the news Friday night. They weren't even reporting that the mom and kids had died yet, but you could tell by the look on the reporter's face that it wasn't good. You could see the bits of the stroller littered across the street and you just knew that those poor kids never had a chance. It's been dwelling on my mind all weekend, too. Reading the article in the paper tonight just made me cry again. I just don't understand how something like this can happen.

denna
11-13-2006, 02:02 AM
That is horribly sad! It has brought tears to my eyes. You just never know...the family is in my thoughts.

dawell0
11-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Sounds very sad. I understand why it upset you and it is typical to be depressed when it is a senseless sort of loss like this.