PDA

View Full Version : DH going through thirty five year crisis

cilantromapuche
11-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Because we are past quarter life crisis and younger than mid life, I don't know what to call it.
I just want to vent that DH has left a stable professional life and is staying home starting Monday with the kids and finishing his 2nd masters to make peanuts.
I know that money is not everything but things were stable financially for a while and it was nice having dental insurance. People have so much less and I know that he will be happier (he already is) but the last year has been h*ll and I can't wait for things to fall into place.
sorry for rambling.

maestramommy
11-14-2006, 11:46 PM
((HUGS)). I know it can be very scary. My dad left his professoring position when I was 12, and for a while was doing all sorts of odd jobs before he finally decided to become a minister. We had four kids in our family, and my mom was already working full time. I will say that on the one hand, I know how it is to have barely or not quite enough, so I'm very thankful for what I have now. OTOH, I constantly stressed about money until I got married, and now I stress on my parents' behalf. It makes me crazy that I don't know how they are going to make ends meet in the long term.

sorry, don't mean to hijack. Just wanted you to know you're not alone.