PDA

View Full Version : I Despise Best Buy!

icunurse
11-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Okay, I learned a bit late to never buy from them, no matter how good the deal. But I already had my camcorder and had purchased the extended warranty 2 years ago. I usually never do that, but in a moment of rushed shopping... Anyway, the week before Halloween, I discovered it was broken, the lens was malfunctioning, so no image was shoiwing up. I took it in and was told 2-3weeks. I went in yesterday (3 weeks) and they said that they tried calling once, my phone disconnected them, and that was it. Funny, you'd think they would have tried again? Well, I get home last night and take it out to try it - still doing the same thing! I fumed on the phone and when I went in, some 16-year-old kid just kept giving us the same line "well, everyone wants their camera back fast" every time I tried to point out that not only were the holidays coming up, but that they just had it for 3 weeks. They refused to rush ship to the repair center or make my repair a priority. They claim that it has to have 4 problems before they will replace it. He asked me if there were any other problems that needed to be fixed and I said, "I wouldn't know since it still doesn't work". I am hoping that it will somehow get lost or destroyed so that they will have to give me a new one. If it isn't fixed when they "repair" it again, I told DH that I am going to lie in front of the doors and have a hissy fit until someone fixes it (normally, I am quite calm and sane, but the thought of missing DS's Christmas program or Christmas Day on tape breaks my heart a bit). Okay, feeling a little better. Did I mention I hate Best Buy? :)
Traci
~Mom to DS 02/2004~
Hoping, waiting...

chlobo
11-15-2006, 08:33 PM
That sucks. I had a similar experience with Apple. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

DebbieJ
11-16-2006, 12:21 AM
Oh no! We have the extended warranty on my laptop from them and for a recent repair they were going to take it for 2-3 weeks! Instead, I got the repair done locally in two days for about $75. So much for that extended warranty...

One of my mommy friends is having Best Buy issues with her dishwasher--she said something about the # of times it has to break before they replace it just like you did. What crap! She even went up the chain of command all the way to corporate and all they offered her was a $50 gc! WTF?!?!!?

Hey, if they don't fix it, you'll just have to copy our tape of the Christmas program. Maybe I should go make sure our camera works...
;)

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Wife_and_mommy
11-16-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't like them either. Their service sucks royally!

I hope you get your cam back soon!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://b1.lilypie.com/QQKqm4.png
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png

crayonblue
11-16-2006, 08:39 AM
I think it depends on the Best Buy. We always, always buy the extended warranty and have been amazed by the things they have happily taken back. Recently, we had a problem with our digital SLR camera and rather than send it out to be fixed, the employee simply handed us a new one!

Sorry to hear that you got crappy customer service.

katerinasmom
11-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Don't mean to hijack your post but I totally understand your frustration with Best Buy. I bought a portable DVD player from Best Buy which they later put on sale. I went in for a price adjustment on Saturday with the ad in hand. They told me that since the sale didn't start until the next day I would have to come in the next day for a price adjustment. It was their ad for goodness sake. If I had taken their ad to Circuit City they would have given me the price then and there. I was fuming mad that they were going to make me drag my 2 year old out another day. I ended up returning the whole thing and buying a different one from Circuit City. Their customer service agents could care less - two college kids ready to head back to school in 2 days.

kozachka
11-16-2006, 09:33 AM
If your camera does not work by the time you absolutely need it to, I would buy a new one from them and make sure to return it just under the time limit whatever it is (15 or 30 days?). I am that }(. I know it's not good for the store but they leave you no choice, do they?

dules
11-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Oh, Traci...I so want you to go back to that kid and say You need 4 problems? I'll give you 4 problems...lol.

I'm so sorry. I hope you get it back soon. Actually I hope you get a new one. Does the extended warranty cover accidents? Like dropping it off of your roof, then needing a new one?

Mary

R2sweetboys
11-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately, they probably charge a "restocking fee" for cameras. I think it's to prevent people from doing this. I agree though Elena, under the PP's circumstance and if they didn't charge the rs fee, I'd do it too!!

~Leslie

SAHM to...
Ryan 8/14/00
Matthew 2/14/03

punkrockmama
11-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Sister, Best Buy sucks hard. Seriously, I have never had a good experience there. And they've got you by the cahoneys because sometimes that's the only place you can go because they have driven all the smaller mom and pop stores (whom I would much rather give my money too) out of business.

The last time I went it was to buy a new camera. I knew exactly what I wanted and went to the camera department and asked to see it. The guy was all "Umm, is that a digital camera??" Uh, yeah it is and since you work in the CAMERA DEPARTMENT I figured you'd be all over it dumb@ss.

So, I feel your pain. x(

DrSally
11-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Ha, that's funny, Mary.

But it is quite terrible how BB has handled it. I never buy those extended warranties (other than the treadmill), and now I never will for sure at Best Buy. I'm sure a lot of your feeling of panic is related to the holidays and missing all those moments. Does a family member have a camcorder you can borrow if you don't get it back by then?

icunurse
11-16-2006, 02:35 PM
LOL! Actually, when I bought it, they said it would cover accidental damage. So, when we were at the store, I told DH that if it was broken again when I came to pick it up I was just going to smash it into the ground and say "oops". Might as well give them a real job to repair since a lens adjustment seems out of their league.
Traci
~Mom to DS 02/2004~
Hoping, waiting...

icunurse
11-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Nope....I seem to be the only family member interested in preserving memories. You know, if I had just taken it in for a problem, I would just be cursing my dumb luck that it would break before the holidays. But I guess I expect that since they just had it for 3 weeks to repair, it should not come back to me even worse than they sent it in. I can assure you, I will only purchase things at other stores from now on.
Traci
~Mom to DS 02/2004~
Hoping, waiting...