PDA

View Full Version : What the heck?????????

Radosti
11-16-2006, 09:55 PM
So, it's almost 10 and I get a call from a blocked number. When I answer, I am told it's Jack's Pizza and they had my order ready and what's my address. Ummmmm.... I've never ordered from them, ever. I basically got defensive and said I'm not giving out my address to a stranger that calls me from a blocked number. The lady then recited the phone number to me, proceeded to tell me that a completely different address is associated with it in their system. "This is the second time this has happened and it's got to stop!!!" she tells me. I said, well, it's not my address, but it is my phone number. Apparently, they go to that address and those people haven't ordered anything from them either. She then tells me, "We need to fix this!!! It can't keep happening!" Ummm, ok, I didn't do anything, I barely ever use the home number. What did she want me to do???

I felt bad, so I told her to write up a colorful sign and tape it next to their phone. Basically have the sign say, " THIS PHONE NUMBER IS WRONG! GET CORRECT ADDRESS FROM CALLER!!!" She said, "Hmmm, that might work." I told her Good Luck and hung up.

It's just weird. I didn't do anything, but I get a call at almost 10pm (no one calls us this late unless it's an emergency, and never on our home number - cell only), and have to help her figure out why her outdated computer system matches my phone number with a different address. And why doesn't she have caller ID in the first place? Why does she rely on the caller to give her their phone number and open herself up to prank calls???

Radosti
11-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I was just freaking out why the pizza shop would have a blocked number... so I looked up their number and called them and it was indeed them, they just blocked their number because when they tried to call before, no-one was picking up??? I have no missed calls on caller id. And they do have caller id, but when those people called, they have a blocked number themselves. My number isn't blocked. Oy, she said she put up a sign and put a memo in the system.