PDA

View Full Version : AAgh...cluggy rice and blocked sink...

niccig
11-18-2006, 05:29 PM
We have a thanksgiving dinner at friends in 30 mins...I overcooked the rice I was using for a rice/cranberry dish. It's now in the oven hopefully becoming less sticky. I then start to clean up and put some food down the garbage disposal, only to block the sink. So, now I have to either work out how clean it out or wait until Monday for a plumber.....why me, why today...

alexsmommy
11-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Ugh - so sorry. Happened to me Christmas Eve a few years ago when Christmas breakfast was at my house. It was lovely trying not to accidently turn on the water out of habit and then have dirty dishwater overflowing onto the countertops. I hope you got it cleared out.
Alaina
Alex Feb '03

DebbieJ
11-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Been there! When we had just put our house on the market, my mom clogged our disposal with potato peels. The broker open was the next day and we were screwed. I can't remember if the plumber was here during the open house or if the counter was just piled with dishes. Either was it sucked.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

niccig
11-20-2006, 12:49 AM
That would have been the pits. At least I had an excuse for why we HAD to go out to dinner tonight - nothing to wash up! Hopefully, the plumber can make it tomorrow.

Nicci