PDA

View Full Version : It's like a Clash Of The Titans

punkrockmama
11-20-2006, 12:03 PM
My mil and my mother proper are both here. At. The. Same. Time. I've been holed up in Dh's office for just about an hour now. My poor children and husband. I'll have to buy more Christmas presents as they are taking a big one for the team right now.

I think I'm starting to break out in hives.....

candybomiller
11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow. I can't imagine such an event. Can't you just throw them Layla and Payton and let them duke it out? You and dh can go out for a proper meal, some drinks... ;)

kozachka
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
(((Hugs))). Can't you get a glass of wine or ice-cream to make the whole experience easier on yourself? I'd probably come up with a list of errands to run, just to escape the house. My mother and MIL get along famously, to the point that they forget there are over at our place to 'help' and sit out on the deck chatting, expecting us to serve food and drinks. And than it's competition of who gets to hold DS. At least you have two munchkins so each grandma gets to hold a grandchild ;).

cmdunn1972
11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh. My. God! Have these people not heard of hotels?!?

Jo..
11-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Get back in there, woman! It's DANGEROUS to leave them alone. They will start talking about YOU. How could you let this happen?!!!

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

crl
11-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Umm. . . I am so, so sorry. And how did you let this happen? Thank god my mother really dislikes my MIL so my parents are very careful to avoid the in-laws--they've only been in the same room once since our wedding over ten years ago!

Can you send one of them out to run errands for you? You must need wine and chocolate!

Fairy
11-21-2006, 01:25 AM
You lasted alot longer than me. Now, our mothers were not here at the same time ever (and we have three between us), which is good, cuz just one is all we can handle at one time. For us, no amount of extra sleep was worth the "mom's been here too long" that ruins the whole experience. You especially gotta love when the mom's tell you "that's not how we did it!" That STILL happens to me, and DS is TWO!

Hang in there. I agree with others, hopefully you can pump or do a between feeding deal and get out to see a movie, have dinner ... somethin'!

denna
11-21-2006, 01:55 AM
Wow(!) Cant this do something to the space time continum?!?

Good Luck ;)

1ceng1
11-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I feel your pain. Just keep repeating "this too shall pass".