PDA

View Full Version : Exasperated mother gives up. Four year old for sale on Ebay.

candybomiller
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
I think the title says it all. Needless to say, we are not having a good day.

buddyleebaby
11-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Hugs, Candy. We've all been there. Hope tomorrow is better.

cmdunn1972
11-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, is there a full moon that only the kiddos are aware of today? Honestly, my little guy, who is normally so happy, woke up on the wrong side of the bed today or something.

I feel for ya!

trentsmom
11-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Is he getting ready to have a cold? I know I get beastly just before I get sick. Then I realize why I was that way. DS hasn't been sick enough times for me to see if he's the same way. For now when he's a wild child, I just blame it on his age! :)

I hope your day gets better.

lisams
11-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Im so sorry, those kind of days just plain suck.

We had a horrible week a few weeks ago. She was crying and throwing fits left and right, and I wasn't my patient calm self either. Luckily she is much better now, not sure what the deal was.

In "Raising Your Spirited Child" she mentions that around a child's birthday and half birthday they go through developmental leaps that can cause behavior issues. Funny because DD's horrible week was right before her birthday.

Hope tomorrow is better!!!

kozachka
11-20-2006, 03:10 PM
>In "Raising Your Spirited Child" she mentions that around a
>child's birthday and half birthday they go through
>developmental leaps that can cause behavior issues. Funny
>because DD's horrible week was right before her birthday.

That explains a LOT. DS's birthday is a week from now and last Friday his DC provider complained about him being the most difficult kid in the group. He pushes other kids, does not follow orders, does not sit down to play for a second etc. On week-ends fortunately things are much better but do have moments few times a day when I tell DH to get him away from me "right now" so that I can get my composure back. And I have to say that I am much better at handling DS since DH stepped up his Daddy function recently (after DH and I spent a week-end out town) so maybe you just need a break Candy?

cmdunn1972
11-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Chocolate. Chocolate might help. (Hint: For maximum effectiveness, you eat the candy. Don't give it to your toddler!) ;)

saschalicks
11-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Well as another PP said maybe it's a cold. DS#1 has a cold. Yesterday he was impossible. I also got into a fight w/DH (about his lack of being able to put anything away) at the height of DS's "moment". I went to fold laundry before I threw something across the room. That was mommy's time out.

I FEEL YOU!!!!! I tell people if they take DS I'll throw in a pack of diapers as a bonus.

StantonHyde
11-20-2006, 05:50 PM
I've heard the market price has gone down recently--pity :-)

lizajane
11-20-2006, 06:15 PM
i swear, my almost 4 year old (well, 3.5) has been SO BAD lately. that's right, BAD. not "challenging" not "difficult" not "spirited" he has been B-A-D bad.

so i hear ya, soul sister.

thomma
11-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Holy Cow! Ds and dd were 3 1/2 last week. It's been temper tantrum central here. Any little thing sets them off.
I need to find my copy of RYSC and finish reading it.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

JBaxter
11-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Look I'll split the listing cost with you if we can double list!!
I made the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE mistake of allowing Nathan to have HiC red fruit punch at a football banquet
I truely think the child had a reaction to it. His eyes were glazed and looked like he was on speed ( and acted that way too!)

Momof3Labs
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Good luck, it's not like having a TMX Elmo in hand, unfortunately. 7,300 TMX Elmos listed, 73,000 four year old boys listed. Looks like Elmo is bringing in $75 or so. Unfortunately, the four year old boy sellers are having to pay the bidders to take them away.

Mine hasn't been too monstrous lately, but I swear that he has marshmallows in his ears or something. Perhaps he inherited that from his father?

MelissaTC
11-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Didn't you know it is genetic? Your husband's brain produces a chemical that blocks out your voice. Apparently it is a dominant gene so your son now has the same chemical production. Please, don't feel like you are alone. There are many of us out there with the same problem. Apparently there is no real way to fix it. LOL. :P

denna
11-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Can I throw 2 cats in there too? Like a packaged deal or somethhing!

Seriously though Im sorry you are having such a bad day. Hope you have a better one today.

Jenn98
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Wait, wait! Make that three cats and a bag full of family holiday drama! What more could you want? It's gonna be a HOT listing!

candybomiller
11-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Interesting. Tomorrow is DS's half birthday.

candybomiller
11-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks everyone for making me smile. I needed it. :)

ShanaMama
11-28-2006, 12:39 AM
I know this is the B@#$% post but I just want you to know that you gave me lots of encouragement with this thread. I'm a bit behind on this one, but today was my day. Whenever I have one of these days I just blame it on the fact that I'm a working mom. I say it's not DD's fault that I come home exhausted & have no energy left to deal with her. I feel like I'm shortchanging her. How many ways can I say I wish I was a SAHM??? Tonight I encouraged myself by saying that SAHMs also get worn out, tired & exasperated (sp?) Don't know which one you are, Candy, but thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one who sometimes feels like I'm losing it.

ShanaMama
11-28-2006, 12:40 AM
I meant don't know if you're SAHM or Working Mom, not don't know if you're tired, worn out or exasperated!!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
11-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Two cats, an african grey bird and a two year old very spirited child for sale here, at least until he stops throwing, hiting, kicking, and is potty trained.

what do you think the list price should be? i will throw in a crib, dresser and bookshelf as well as a ton of books and toys for free.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/061128/V76Q.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/wYA-m8/.png[/img][/url]

candybomiller
11-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, now that the child has returned to being the sweetest boy ever, I'm sure we can get a lot more for him! :)