PDA

View Full Version : First AF in 18 months, both kids sick, have to work X-mas!

westgre
11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Ok, here we go! I started my period for the first time in 18 months on Saturday. And I'm so angry and agitated -- I'm really ready to kill someone. And I am usually the first person anyone lists as a person with high patience and compassion. But, I'd either forgotten how irritable periods made me or my b*tch factor has been building up for the last 18 months.
Sunday I woke up to DS getting a cold with a fever, so no daycare for him on Monday. I called off work to stay home with DS.
This morning DD woke up with a fever, so no daycare for either of them. My mom did come today to watch the kids. I show up at work today and the schedule has been made for December. During holidays, one doctor has to come in and do treatments on the animals. Guess who gets Christmas morning! Yep, me. The only doctor with small children! This ticks me off because anytime anything crappy happens at work, I'm the doctor who gets stuck with it. I'm tired of putting up with the crap. Two of the other doctors are older, with grandkids, so maybe they are wanting to see them open up presents. But there is another doctor who has no kids, rants about never wanting to spend time with her family, etc. I've been there 3 years and am still making almost $20,000 a year less than the other two associates. I work harder, and get treated like crap. And when I have family commitments, I'm made to feel guilty. Like somehow it's acceptable to take a day off for a concert or a football game, but not for your 8 month old son. I'm just sick of the selfish, self absorbed attitudes. I've about had it.
I think I'll work on my resume...
Thanks for letting me vent!

Smiles81
11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Hugs! It sure sounds like you are under appreciated at your job. Its just a rotten time of year to come to that realization.

Reena

Scsigrl
11-22-2006, 02:39 AM
How crappy :( That does not sound like a fair arrangement to me! I do want to point something out though... DH and I were very "Child free by choice" till SOMEONE ELSE thought it would be cool to give us a little one :) While in the work force, it was pretty frustrating to hear people volunteer DH and I for things simply because we were child free. So I am NOT saying it is fair, but just that because you don't have children doesn't mean you have more/less family or personal obligations to deal with at the holidays, or any other time for that matter.

Jenn98
11-22-2006, 07:00 AM
It sucks when your job situation is crappy. I'm sorry. I once had to work on Christmas morning cause I was the intern. That's fine, I get that I'm the intern. Except there was no work to be done. They wanted me to come to the office and sit around "in case something happened." I was so annoyed that I made something happen and then finished my work and went home to my family!

And even if the other employees have other obligations or not, I think a work place should always try to divide that kind of stuff up. It's not fair to have one person always be the one who gets dumped on. My DH had the worst work schedule and was always the one who got dumped on. It's horrible for morale and creates a lot of resentment all around. And it can ruin friendships. But I'm preaching to the choir here, aren't I? ;)

(((((((hugs))))))) I hope you feel better soon!