PDA

View Full Version : HATE Traveling to In-Laws House for Thanksgiving

Kungjo
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
With two DD's in car seats, it's hard to just packup and go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving every year. I have to bring car seats, diapers, and bottles as well as clothes. Once we're there, DH loves to talk to his parents for hours and leave me with the kids. While I'm with the kids, I have to deal with a snooty SIL who thinks her kids are perfect while mine are not.

Just my luck, the day before we're about to leave to go home, DD #2 eats something that doesn't agree with her. She throws up four times that night and we both got very little sleep. The day we're about to leave, she throws up that morning, once on our way to the airport, and then once on the plane. When we got to the airport, we found out that our plane was delayed for two hours. Finally boarded the plane and half an hour into the flight, DD #2 throws up on me. I was drenched in vomit, had to take off my pants in the airplane's restroom to wipe the vomit off and then had to sit that way in my wet pants till I got home. I felt bad for DD #2 because she wasn't feeling well and the passengers because they had that lovely smell to deal with.

DD #2 is now having loose bowel movements and is fussy. Sigh! What a lovely Thanksgiving trip. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with this again for another year. :-(

jgriffin
11-28-2006, 09:22 AM
*Hugs* for you! Sounds like a difficult trip at best, made harder with sick kids. :(

This year I told my side of the family that we weren't flying to the East Coast to see them for Thanksgiving (sorry, I've got a toddler and I'm pregnant, I don't want to fly with everyone else!) They were disappointed, but they couldn't change my mind. We drove to FIL's house instead, much closer! Could you work out a deal with DH that you'll only do Thanksgiving there every other year?

Jen