PDA

View Full Version : GRR-if i believed in it i'd put a hex on my dh's boss.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-28-2006, 11:20 PM
I just need to vent a little, because god knows my dh needs support from me and not to have to listen to me rail.

WHERE DOES HIS F##$%%G BOSS GET OFF!!! So dh took 1 frigging day off work to go to the kids well children appts. I should clarify that this is his bosses boss. Anyway. He tried so hard to be a good daddy. His boss even gave him clearance, but was that good enough? ohhhh,no. of course not. Lousy little rat bast##$%. Not only that but another one of the people that work with my husband actually complained that he took time off. EXCUSE ME!! He's got time saved up out the wazooo. He could take a 4 week vacation and not touch vacation or sick time. ( come to work on sat., stay late-we can't pay you but we'll give you "credit hours") HA! FAt load of good that does him when he can't use it.
So now dh is all paranoid that he's going to get fired because now he think that his bosses boss thinks he's a slacker.He comes home tonight and lays all this on me at dinner. He doesn't dare take any time off for anything. He's had a 3 day weekend scheduled every month for some extra family time and I can't remember the last time he actually took it.
He's so tired, the bags under his eyes are huge. He's gaining weight because he eats at his desk and never leaves the building to get fresh air. He never takes any midday breaks. He used to go and do push ups in the stairwell. Or walk around the block. but he hasn't been doing anything like that over the last 6 months because this rotten self serving selfish son of a bitch just keeps piling on the work.
Add to that the fact that the person who's supposed to share the load with him has gone to do his bosses job in another section for 3 months,which means dh is doing the work of 2 people. And now they're trying to lay this on him.
Oh, and did i mention the corporate spy sitting behind him??? Oh, yeah. Any little mistake, anything he does wrong. The little bitch goes and tattles. My dh frequently multitasks. So it's no big deal for him to be writting and email, talking on the phone, and helping a call at the same time. But ohhh, no little miss buzybody has to go running to his bosses boss and fu#$%g tattle!! I hate this woman!!!
It's a good thing i don't take the kids to go see daddy at work anymore-that's a new one also.

Along w/ everything else-dh desperatly wants to fill out applications so he can work in a differant department in his company but he's so exhausted when he gets home it's all he can do to have dinner,play w/ his kids-read dd a story and pass out on the couch.

I'm so worried about his blood pressure and his overall health.

Is anyone else dealing with anything like this at your work or dh's work?

Thanks for listening,like i said dh doesn't need to hear this.
Jen

MeAndMyStar
11-29-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi there! Just want to let you know you are not alone! My DH has a super stressful job as well. His boss (and formerly my boss) is the most extreme micromanager you will ever meet.

My DH can't handle the fact that he can't do anything there independently. He also has to multitask (which he absolutely hates) and can never finish one project before being pulled off it to work on some *emergency* thing for the boss...who I swear is going to have a stroke or something from being so high-stress.

DH gets migraines at least once a week, has high blood pressure and is gaining weight. He believes, as do I, that it absolutely has to do with the stress at work.

It sucks because the boss is family and it's a family business. DH does not want to seem ungrateful if he leaves (boss does a lot for us) or like he is abandoning the job. If he did leave, the office would literally be crippled even though there are two other full time office workers. He does *everything* there!!

My DH can’t relax once he gets home, is always tired and I know he would love to spend a lot more time with me and DD. Our goal for within a year (after I graduate) is for me to work and him to be a SAHD! He would be sooo much happier!

Anyway, just wanted to commiserate with you, not hijack your post! We are feeling the stress over here, too. Hope you will find yourselves in a better situation soon. Good luck!

-Sarah