PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Happy Feet promotions around Santa at the mall??!!!

boys2enough
11-29-2006, 04:42 AM
ARGH. I went to Woodfield Mall here in the Chicago suburbs, and saw a huge set of displays of Happy Feet promotions surrounding Santa this year! WTF???!!!!

They used to have a nice Santa's workshop/cottage where Santa would reside. With fireplace, ambient lighting, wrapped boxes. You know, the whole warm holiday get-up. I imagine the youngest set might even feel like they had gone to Santa's house to visit Santa.

So they got rid of all that this year. In its place, they have a HUGE "snowglobe" thingy with fake penguins inside where people can go in while they are waiting in line. Santa is sitting out in the open. The area is surrounded by towering displays of Happy Feet movie promotion. That just makes me so upset!

For the price they are charging people per picture, you'd think they don't need a tie-in with the movie to turn a profit.

Cheers, Lin

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

tarynsmum
11-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Wow, that totally stinks. Our mall still has the really cute cottage thing. Ours is set up like Santa's sitting on his front porch, which I think is really cool.(although they do have the "mall mascots", but they don't end up in the picture, and they're coloring is similar to the cottage, so they kind of blend in).

Yuck. Please don't tell me that there ar Happy Feetpenguins in the picture?!?!

MamaMolly
11-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Ewwwww, they have one here in the mall at Tysons in VA. Yuck.

This stinks! Like you said, product placement has gone WAY overboard.:(

Molly

schums
11-29-2006, 01:13 PM
I think all the Simon malls might have the same thing. We have it here with 12 Oaks Mall. I like the display and the kids LOVED the snow globe thing, but I think it's really HORRID that it is the Santa display. I agree with the OP that Santa should have the workshop/cottage, etc. -- the whole Christmas setup.

FTR, at our mall, they let the kids walk through the display and snowglobe without having to see Santa, which is exactly what we did. Multiple times.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

1ceng1
11-29-2006, 09:37 PM
The Short HIlls Mall in NJ has the exact same thing! LAst year it was even worse...Narnia!