PDA

View Full Version : My parents' christmas decorations are going to kill me!

blueeyedb
11-29-2006, 12:06 PM
This isn't really a fair bitch, which is why I'm posting here and not bitching about it to my parents...

My parents put out their Christmas decorations and they put zero thought into making it child friendly. Seriously, they put their Dept 56 village on their 2 foot high coffee table. DS loves it and thinks that each of the pieces is a car for him to zoom around the living room with. It is making me want to pull my hair out, plus I am pregnant and exhausted and the last thing I need is to tell DS "not to touch, just to look" 300 hundred times every time we visit. We are over at my parents' house 3 to 4 times a week, so this is going to be a nightmare for the next month. Plus, we are having his B-day party there (which is super nice of them; I wouldn't want 7 kids under 3 running around my house) and it is going to be insane trying to keep all the kids from creating total mayhem.

Please send me good vibes to survive this month without killing someone or taking out all the decorations myself!

dules
11-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh dear. Perhaps you or DH could "volunteer" to move the decorations to a higher shelf? Your parents can't imagine that 7 kids under 3 will be in control when they see all those cute little houses?

Good luck! I'd want to tear my hair out too.

Mary

SammyeGail
11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
OMG!! Can you explain to your parents what horrible temptation this will be at the party with all those toddlers around? Can you phrase it in a way that they will view moving it as protecting their village?

Good luck, my twins just turned one and I don't even know how or where I am going to put up a tree. In the master bathroom !?!

Samantha

blueeyedb
11-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the sympathy! As soon as DH and I walked in the house, we both thought, what the he** were they thinking? DS is usually very good about not touching things once you've told him not to, but come on...he's one, he has limits!
Also, after reading my original post I realize I sound like I hate kids. What I should have said is I wouldn't want 7 kids under 3 running around my house... if I were them. My house is designed for it, theirs is not. Oh well, we'll do the best we can and hopefully everything will go fairly smoothly.