PDA

View Full Version : can you say FIASCO boys and girls????

lizajane
11-29-2006, 05:41 PM
any other WAHMS out there listening??? i made two custom order outfits for someone. she told me 3-6m and 18m. um, no. they are both too small. my friend who knows her said that those kids would never fit in those sizes. and now i have to make brand new bigger ones by TOMORROW. sigh. praise the l*rd that i happen to have more red cord lying around...

ETA: FOR SALE matching brother christmas outfits in 3-6m and 18m, LOL!!! ;)

dules
11-29-2006, 05:50 PM
How frustrating! I wish the smaller one were 0-3, my cousin just had a baby boy yesterday :) and I need to get a gift.

Good luck and what great CS you have to do these on such short notice. Definitely offer the others on SWAP - folks have been raving about your work on the Layette board. :)

Mary

bcky2
11-29-2006, 11:04 PM
ugh that sucks. i know how you feel. i did a custom order for someone, they picked the size but there was a picture of a finished one for her to go by. she gets it and wants to return it because it is too big. um, hello, it was the measurements you gave me.

AngelaS
11-30-2006, 06:59 AM
I'm fully convinced that most parents don't have a CLUE when it comes to measuring! I made a dress to a woman's specs and imo it's a good 3 inches too short! She's not complaining, but the picture she sent wasn't nearly as cute as I was expecting.....

Beth568
11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, I can imagine. I don't sew, but I've had customers be very very very very picky about matching paint colors.

It's a PITA when things like that happen, for sure. Though I have to say that, for every super picky customer I've had, it seems there's someone else who is unbelievably nice. But that doesn't always help at the time the difficult one is making demands!

Good luck getting them finished. :)

Radosti
11-30-2006, 12:58 PM
I am the first to admit I know nothing about measuring. I needed to order winter jammies for my two Italian Greyhounds. I've ordered several times from this lady before. The first time, I just told her to make them for a female 15 lbs standard IG and a male 15 lbs standard IG. She made them and they fit perfectly. I decided to get another set and actually measured. These jammies fit badly.

So, this year, I needed two sets of jammies for each of them. They wear out every two years because they wear them from when it hits 60 degrees to when it goes up to 60 degrees - so a good few months (in and out of the house). I just asked her for female and male 15 lbs Iggie jammies and they fit perfectly when they arrived. I am very pleased.