PDA

View Full Version : Liquid (hand) dishwashing soap in the dishwasher....(mild b*tch at myself)

dules
11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Let's just say the floor in front of my dishwasher has probably never been so clean.

Worst part is, I did it. I tossed the "wand" (sans sponge) that I use for doing dishes into the dishwasher with just the teensiest bit of soap left in it. I never knew how many suds that would make when paired with the action of an automatic dishwasher.

When DH saw it, his reaction was "Oh, in our old house once when you were away I had to run the dishwasher and couldn't find any soap so I filled the reservoir with the hand dish soap - and it was all over the entire kitchen floor before I found it." At least he wasn't angry, I guess, lol.

Mary

EllasMum
11-30-2006, 11:33 PM
At least all you got was a clean floor! On the recommendation of a coworker, my friend put her dishwashing cloth/rag in the dishwasher to sanitize it - let's just say that she ended up with a service call from a dishwasher repair man and the invoice that goes with it. Apparently the soap on the rag clogged up something or the other. Next time she'll just buy a new cloth. ;)

buddyleebaby
11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Sorry about the mess, but what a great dh!

fortato
12-01-2006, 12:02 AM
I did that once when I was babysitting... I was 12 or so- I FILLED the cup thing up with Dawn...and ran the dishwasher---

Remember that episode of Brady Bunch, where Bobby does laundry, and the house fills up with bubbles... that's what this was like. I was scooping up bubbles like crazy- bucketfulls- and bringing them outside- know what it's like to carry a bucket full of bubbles? SUCH A WASTE OF TIME!

I laugh about it now- but at the time I was terrified that I broke the machine, or that it would always have bubbles coming out... thankfully it was fine.

Kristen

buddyleebaby
12-01-2006, 12:08 AM
know what it's like to carry a bucket full of bubbles? SUCH A WASTE OF TIME!

LMBO!

fortato
12-01-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm glad you can laugh at my traumatic experience.... years of therapy, down the drain. (along with the bubbles)

K

MarisaSF
12-01-2006, 12:51 AM
My dad did the same thing. FIled it up with Dawn, ran the dishwasher, and came back to a bubble bath in the kitchen.

He was a LOT older than 12, btw. ;) This was like 4 years ago.

Can't blame you (or him). It says "Dishwashing Liquid" right on the bottle!