PDA

View Full Version : sick and dh leaves

scoop22
12-02-2006, 10:06 AM
this is the first time since ds was born that we have been sick in this house. i know we are lucky. ds has had something since the beginning of the week. He had been gagging while eating and pooping like you wouldn't believe. Then i got something thursday night. i actully had to take a sick day yesterday. that is the first time in 6 years. dh invited his friend up to go caving.. here i am sick and he wants to go have fun. not only did his friend come but he brought three of his friends. i could scream i am so mad. now i have to take care of me and ds. while i was typing this ds was throwing up. i am sure he is getting what i had. my poor washing machine. not only is dh caving today with his friends they all want to go to the wineries tomorrow night. dh is never this way. he is always here. i know this doesn't happen much b/c we have never been sick but come on. cancel your plans. maybe i am being selfish. thanks for listening. i don't usually have much to b**ch about but i just don't feel good.

http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

chlobo
12-02-2006, 11:48 AM
A pox on his behavior. Hope he wakes up & stays home tomorrow.

tarabenet
12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
You don't sound selfish to me at all. But he does -- either selfish or clueless. Maybe because he hasn't had any practice at dealing wth you being sick he just isn't getting it. Clue him in, gently and sweetly, and ask for his help. Hinting could be seen as "nagging" and c ahlked up to you not feeling well, but a simple request for specific help is always hard to resist!

matthewsmom
12-02-2006, 02:05 PM
You poor thing. Sending you get well vibes soon! I find that men are sometimes clueless and unless I tell DH something specifically, he usually doesn't get it. Especially when I'm sick. When he's sick, they are like babies but they always think we are superwomen.

Hope you and you DS feel better soon.