PDA

View Full Version : Doggone work holiday parties

KBecks
12-02-2006, 02:07 PM
OK, I should be reveling at the chance to get out, but I have nothing to put on my post-pregnancy, pot belly body.

Went shopping today and not much luck (and oh, I'm late, everyone is looking for party-wear).

The parties are festive casual -- maybe I should just throw on a red sweater and black pants and call it a night?

I bought a sweater for $89 that is halfway decent but the clerk forgot to remove the ink tag -- so that's going back. I think I will use the holiday extended shopping hours to shop at 9 p.m. when the kids are asleep this week.

Bah humbug!

hez
12-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Add a fun pin (I have a couple different Christmas tree shaped ones and a wreath) and I'd call your outfit good.

I saw some pretty & tasteful holiday sweaters at Talbot's today, but I have a hard time buying sweaters I'd only wear once or twice a year. I bought a red one instead :)

cmdunn1972
12-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Sorry you're having to deal with this!

Since you're only about 4 months PP, go ahead and wear whatever makes you feel comfortable! I'm sure whatever it is will be great on you. :)

I tend to think that it's better to feel comfortable and enjoy yourself than to feel uncomfortable and be miserable. ;) Office parties can be problematic enough without having to worry about a high-maintanence outfit.

dules
12-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Agree with the PPs, and wanted to suggest checking out Eileen Fisher - she makes washable wool knits (yes, washable) and the shapes tend to be forgiving, so will look nice for the party but you'll still be able to get wear out of them later.

Good luck! IMO black pants and a red, or green, or pretty, soft gray or cream, sweater is fine.

Mary

alleyoop
12-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I hear ya! I bought this shirt and a cami to wear underneath and a really ccol necklace (you know, one of those 'look at my boobs, not at my gut' necklaces):
http://www.jjill.com/ShopJJillDetail.asp?a=OL&sz=1&itemid=623485&d=7&absPage=0&OfferID=4Z&ItemCatDesc=shirts&sc=
I think that the layered look helps hide a multitude of sins and the red velvet is really lux. Planning on wearing it with black pants or a black skirt and boots. Hang in there! HTH!

KBecks
12-03-2006, 04:01 PM
The shirt is cute, thanks for pointing it out.

Bean606
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I know what you mean. I have a party this Thursday night, and have nothing to wear, except for the black pants/red sweater uniform. The problem is, I wore that last year when I was starting to show and didn't fit into anything. So, I have to risk people remembering that I wore the same thing last year, or find time to go shopping by Thursday at 5:00!