PDA

View Full Version : I don't hate winter but a week ago it was 70, now it's 9!!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-04-2006, 05:12 AM
it's cold. i really freaking cold. I know to folks up north that 9 really isn't bad. My brother would tell me it's no big deal. But for those of us in missouri- it's cold!!!
I mean Jeez, it was 70 degrees outside last weekend, we went to the playground and had ice cream and now this ice storm and the cold.
I'm going out tomorrow and buying a space heater for the kitchen which is perpetually 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house because of the drafts. Does anyone know where I can get little pet doors for kitties. The litter box is in the basement and there's a big draft coming up.
Did i mention it's 9 degrees outside.
Someone send me the winning lotto numbers, I need new windows and doors and a cruise to jamaica.

JEn

Beth568
12-04-2006, 08:08 AM
You have my sympathy. I live in New England, and I should be used to the cold by now, but it still gets to me.

And we've had the same weird transition. It was in the 70s here on Thursday, and my kids were running around without coats. Now it's starting to snow. More seasonable weather, for sure, but quite a jolt after last week. :(

Stay warm!

LarsMal
12-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I hear ya! It's not 9 here, but it's 30 degrees colder than it was at the end of last week. I wasn't thinking this morning (so used to that warmer weather) and ran out the door for a dr's appointment with a wet ponytail and no socks on. Oops!!! I got quite a few stares, but at least I had a sweater and jacket on- and DS was bundled up, so I didn't look like a bad mommy!

If you get those winning lotto numbers, pass them around- I could use a cruise, too!