PDA

View Full Version : OK, now I'm mad.....another ebay transaction gone bad

SammyeGail
12-04-2006, 05:08 PM
I bought some HA long johns from someone on ebay. She said there was only one hole in the top, around the neck. Ok, thats fine. When I got them there were 3 holes in the neck and about 7-8 others in the arm and leg cuffs. Not small holes, huge. I wrote to her and asked for a reduction since the HA was not in the shape she described. I asked for a particular discount and she counteroffered $2 less, or suggested that I could just send them back, she was very sad to see them go, dc first Christmas pj, etc. I decided to send them back because they were in terrible shape and evidently meant more to her than they would have to me, which would have not been much except a lesson learned on ebaying.

I offered to pay shipping back if she gave a FULL refund, she said that would be fine. She gave a refund of the price, but not the 4.95 shipping. I wrote to her this morning asking for my shipping refund, that was part of it since I covered shipping back to her, I was thinking it was the decent thing to do.

She writes back saying she won't refund the 4.95. She claimed ebay fees, packing supplies, etc was alot of money. Yeah, ebay does charge fees, but her items condition was extremely misstated. Also, the shipping stamped on her envelope was 1.83.

She has already left me feedback, positive. I am not happy about this at all and really want to go leave neg feedback. I am trying to wait until later, when its not all fresh in my mind.

I think what she did is just wrong. Its not the money, its the fact that her HA has loads of holes in it when only one was mentioned, she mis-stated, and now refuses to complete my refund. Its just the principle of the whole thing.

So am I awful for leaving nut. or neg. feedback? It was a negative transaction, I just don't want to be mean.

I'm out $7 and its all on her. It just makes me mad.

Any advice appreciated.

Samantha

JoyNChrist
12-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't think you'd be out of line to leave negative feedback. Other potential buyers should know about the problems you had with her. She was dishonest about the item's condition, then didn't honor her refund.

I'd leave the negative feedback - that's what the feedback system is there for!

(And sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted - that stinks!)

sidmand
12-04-2006, 07:18 PM
I think negative feedback is totally warranted. And you can just state the facts. "Item was missrepresented and seller would not give full refund." Doesn't seem mean at all.

Debbie
http://b2.lilypie.com/BI7Tm5.png

dules
12-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Inexcusable. File a complaint with eBay, Item Not as Described. She can get her fees back that way and she's out NOTHING. Grrr.

Nice of you to offer to pay shipping one way.

Good luck and I hope it works out. You have some time before you have to file feedback one way or the other so you can hang on and not leave any (which should further concern the seller, depending on her score).

Mary

SammyeGail
12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
This is the email I sent her after posting this situation: (Stacy, I used your phrase, hope it was ok)

"Unfortunately, I do not understand. Your item was described as having one hole around the neckline when it also had several much larger holes along the arm and leg cuffs. Your item was not as described.

I am sorry you have to pay ebay fees, postage and packing supplies (envelopes are free at the post office-don't remember if you wrapped it in tissue paper, but what did that cost, a few pennies?) but your item was not as described. I guess that is what the feedback system is for. I am out of pocket aprx. $7 because your item was misstated. This is not on me.

I again ask you to please reconsider,

Samantha"

Yes, it was stern, but at least I was asking one more time before leaving feedback. About an hour later I get an email from paypal telling me I got a refund. I had a good laugh and was happy about the whole thing overall. Since getting the 4.95 back, I had no intentions of leaving neg feedback. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, kwim? Neg feedback is very damning...and she did refund without anymore discussion....

Then I get an email from her telling me to leave neg feedback if I want, its FINE with her. (I never openly threatened to leave neg fb, just brought it up to reinforce my request-see above email) She went on and on, 3 long paragraphs ranting, being all sarcastic and ugly to me.

So now I am pissed again. I am going to write her back killing her with kindness later, maybe, I'm still aggrivated right now. But I have found that can sometimes be alot more fun than being ugly. Ok, it will be semi-sarcastic kindness.....

I could leave neutral feedback with a comment "HOLEy cow, what an ebay experience!", lol!

Samantha

ShanaMama
12-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I'd leave neutral or negative feedback w/o being nasty. Just state what happened. Honestly, although you eventually got your $$ back, why should the next person not be forewarned that she's difficult to deal with?

dules
12-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Hmmm, I think I'd let it go and leave no feedback. Let her wonder, but don't leave anything that you'll regret or want to withdraw.

She can get her fees back, she's just out the shipping, which she should be, since she drastically mis-stated the condition of the item.

Mary

randomkid
12-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I agree with a PP about not leaving any feedback at all. DH and I have had a couple of bad experiences and just didn't leave any feedback. My concern (even though she has already left positive feedback for you) is that the seller has the opportunity to respond to your negative rating. No telling what she would say in that response. Even though this doesn't show up in your feedback rating, someone could click on "Left For Others" and it would come up immediately. She is likely to put some nasty, untrue response about you and I think it's best to avoid any of that.

Just be happy because you won - :-) - and drop it at this point.

SammyeGail
12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Thats what I've decided to do. Its the right thing IMO and will not cause either of us any aggrivation. I speculated she wanted me to leave Neg feedback to reply and throw it back in my face. Its not worth it, I am happy in the end and thats all that matters.

Thanks,

Samantha