PDA

View Full Version : You Freakin Hypocrit!

denna
12-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Oh I am SO mad (!) right now. (Try to give the abridged version here). DH dropped me off at work yesterday morning and I see this car pull up next to him as I am almost at my office door and the car stays there for a lil while, so I was a lil curious what was the situation. I waited a few mins. and I call DH on his cell, he tells me that a woman I work w/ (and know a lil) just *b!tched* him out saying we were tailgating her, and did we know the speed limit, blah blah blah(!) I couldnt believe it! I didnt even realize were following a car, that is how not close we were to her. I have noticed her attitude increasing lately; she has been yelling at co-workers etc. (She is 4 months pregnant, but I dont feel that can always be used an excuse for being so mean(!)

So today (just now actually) on my way back from lunch, who do I happen to pull up behind on the drive back to work? Ms. 'Dont tailgate me' and what is SHE doing? TAILGATING, and I mean BAD! Sheesh what a freakin hypocrit! I mean I do not like ppl tailgating me, but if I can see their headlights etc, then I really dont consider it that especially since the speed limit is only 30 MPF(!)

Anyone else have any traffic/hypocrit/work b!tchs to throw out here. Anger loves company :)

Thanks for listening

jgriffin
12-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Well...I live in California, so nearly every day I'm out someone cuts me off or tailgates or something. It's really frustrating, but I just try to keep calm and think that someday they'll do it to a police car and get pulled over and get a huge ticket.

My other traffic complaint is that I drive a hybrid, and have stickers that allow me to be in HOV (carpool) lanes with just me, no other passengers. I've been yelled at several times by people who didn't realize I was being legal, and while I know I'm in the right, it's really aggravating.

To the tailgaters defense, though, hormones can be very rough at 4 months, and while it's no excuse to be rude or mean to people, maybe she's feeling really crappy and it's coming out despite her best intentions. Still, I totally understand your complaint!

dules
12-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Yuck. This might help you for next time - I went to high school in a pretty rural area, with one long, main road leading to the school. Everyone drove or was driven by parents. My best friend got so annoyed by tailgaters in the morning that she would "give them the treatment", i.e. slow dooooown to about 15 - 20 MPH. The road was bendy and hilly so there was no way you could try to pass.

Anyway, your post made me think of that. I know I *want* to flip the bird but get more satisfaction out of waving hello to a POd driver. ;)

Mary

kellyotn
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
I used to work in a large office. There was one lady who was just one of those fake-cheery but simmeringly snarky busy-body drama-seeking types.

One day, in a group of about 6 of us who were just chatting, she says to me, "Where were YOU going in such a hurry the other morning?" Me: "Uh, what?" Her: "You nearly crashed into my car when I was turning into the parking lot!!" Me: "What? What? When?" Her: "Oh yeah, you weren't paying any attention, driving very fast, and you nearly hit me. Zooming around in your cute little red car." Me: "Oh, whew. I clearly wasn't me, I drive a WHITE Honda!" Her: "Oh, REALLY...." Me: "Yeah, no red car for me, sorry." Her: Remained angry and bitter to me for the rest of my employ there.

niccig
12-05-2006, 04:39 PM
We live in a canyon with a golf course at the end and there's only one road in/out. There's a school at the beginning of the road and the crossing guard was hit earlier this year. Because of that and the ticket I got 2 blocks from my house, I ALWAYS do the speed limit, 25 mph. Last night, a car is behind me beeping their horn and finally speeds by overtaking - no overtaking allowed. And guess where I catch up to them, at the light at the bottom of the street. The speeding let the driver sit at the light for an extra few minutes. Bright move buddy!

Nicci

Melanie
12-05-2006, 11:43 PM
>Well...I live in California, so nearly every day I'm out
>someone cuts me off or tailgates or something. It's really
>frustrating, but I just try to keep calm and think that
>someday they'll do it to a police car and get pulled over and
>get a huge ticket.

It's $150 ticket to cut someone off. Ask me how I know? ugh. Who knew it was illegal, since like you, it happens everyday! I should have said, "wow, you must have been going really fast for me to cut you off since you weren't there a second ago when I looked, officer."

Okay back to OP's bitch.

jgriffin
12-06-2006, 09:47 AM
I had no idea! In fact, I didn't even realize it was illegal (although I guess it makes sense). Good to know, but sorry about how you had to find out. :(

jal
12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
The drivers that really tick me off are the one's in the on-ramp merging lane that skip merging into the three-cars-long hole behind me and instead stay in the merging lane so they can get three more cars ahead in traffic, but they have to force their way in because there's no holes and the merging lane has run out.

rlu
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
>Well...I live in California, >
>My other traffic complaint is that I drive a hybrid, and have
>stickers that allow me to be in HOV (carpool) lanes with just
>me, no other passengers. I've been yelled at several times by
>people who didn't realize I was being legal, and while I know
>I'm in the right, it's really aggravating.
>

The sticker is only good for state roads, not county, so if you're using it for expressways, that's not legal (yet). Not an excuse for people to yell but I've muttered under my breath a few times at pokey hybrids slowing down the carpool lane (if you do the limit, I don't mind).

cstack
12-06-2006, 06:56 PM
ok, I have a merging bitch. If you are in the right-hand lane and no one is in the left hand lane (or there is enough space to move safely into the left lane) and you're approaching a merging onramp with a car on it that wants to merge - MOVE OVER! It's common courtesy and it also helps prevent accidents to do so (gee, I actually did listen to my driver's ed teacher once or twice).

ljackson
12-06-2006, 09:47 PM
One way to deal with tailgaters: pull the parking brake up slightly as you are driving - apparently it slows you down a little without putting your brake lights on and really freaks out the driver behind. I would never do it myself but know someone who has and says it really gets people to back off.