PDA

View Full Version : A vent...

jeminaal
12-05-2006, 08:26 PM
To the man in the nice white shirt and tie with a suit coat hanging on the side window of the White Volvo sedan heading up the busy, crowded Interstate this morning: I know you are probably college educated, have a really nice white-collar job and are probably a Type A personality. From my brief encounter with you on the Interstate, you probably have a huge ego too. I hope you feel better cutting off a mom in a minivan with two preschoolers in the back (with less than a car's length and not using your signal) and then getting angry because I hit the horn long and hard along with my breaks because it was an automatic reaction of not wanting to run into you. I hope you enjoyed hitting your breaks often while being in front of me, trying to make me run into you as we merged on to the crowded Interstate, and while driving on the freeway, making a conscious effort to not once, not twice, but three times cut in front of me with less than a half car's length between me and the next car. I'm sure your buddies will slap you across the back and give you a high-five as you proudly tell them how you tried to teach a mom in a minivan with little ones inside a lesson on just how "big" of a man you are.

Sigh...thanks for letting me vent. :(

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

egfmba
12-05-2006, 08:40 PM
May be a 'big' man, but sounds like he's got a 'little' problem that causes him to behave this way....}(

Sorry you had to deal with some of the worst of humanity during this, the season of brotherly love. Or is that just for Philadelphia? :P

There's a special place in hell for him, sweetie!

eva

elliput
12-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Sounds like this guy is building up a bunch of negative karma. It'll come around and bite him on the tush one of these days.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
12-05-2006, 09:24 PM
I know you are venting so flame away if you must but if someone posted about the shabbily dressed, undereducated man cutting us off we would all be up in arms here. I guess I don't get how or what kind of car /education level this guy has plays into this at all. A**holes are just a**holes- nothing to do with income or education IMHO.
Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04
#2 Kate 04-26-06

bubbaray
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
The same butthead drives in front of me on my commute on a regular basis. He must be going deaf from the combination of your horn and mine!

I hate to say it, but EVERY time I am cut off in traffic, it is by a middle-aged guy who thinks that "I", because I am a lowly woman, must get out of his far-more-important-way. I am soooooo sick of that attitude. I drove behind one guy for a mile with my horn going. He eventually pulled over. Jerk.

DD already knows "idiot". Sigh.

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: c/s 01/2007

jeminaal
12-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Yes, I understand where you are coming from. Jerks are jerks, no matter what kind of car, education level or ethnic background. My description was purely to give you an idea of what kind of guy I was dealing with. That's how it plays into this post. If I offended you with my description in any way, then I apologize. Cut me some slack...this is the bitching post, isn't it?

Thanks for the support.

Jeanette
(formerly known as jeanmick, member since Feb 2003)

DD Born Christmas Eve
DS Born Valentine's Day

psophia17
12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Buddy thinks he's special. One day, he'll find out he's not, and boy will that piss him off...gotta love karma :)

Lynnie
12-05-2006, 10:55 PM
that's when I wish I were driving the batmobile and had some sort of secret weapon that I could shoot out to flatten all his tires.

(yes, I have two boys and two batman costumes for dress up, so perhaps that's why I would think of the batmobile)

That is so annoying, not to mention dangerous. I really hate driving these days.

Melanie
12-05-2006, 11:40 PM
ugh! what an ass. don't worry, sometime the person in back won't be as conscientious as you.

denna
12-06-2006, 02:16 AM
Ugh tell me about it. Here in Italy it's like playing frogger the whole way home. I get cut-off at least 3x by the time I get home, and SO much more!

I just want a monster truck, think anyone would have the nerve to cut me off in that? })

Sorry the guy was a jerk! Thanks for honking at him to let him know you thought as much (DH thinks I am horrible to honk my horn when I am cut off, whens hes driving I have to honk it for him) ;)

cstack
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
"Here in Italy it's like playing frogger the whole way home" - LOL - that is too funny!