PDA

View Full Version : I'm living Everybody Loves Raymond!

LarsMal
12-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Did you ever see the episode of E L Raymond when they leave the suitcase on the stairs for weeks because neither of them wants to be the one to cave and take it upstairs? Well, I am now living that episode!

My IL's came out for Thanksgiving, and they brought DH a box of CRAP- oops, I mean "keepsakes". Well, the box has now been sitting, open, by the front door for two weeks! It is driving me nuts, but I refuse to take it upstairs or to the garage, or wherever it needs to go (preferably the trashcan). DH did take something out of the box, though...a stack of old framed photos signed by various atheletes. Where did he put those? On the kitchen island!!! Is he serious?!?!

Whenever the IL's come we have to scour the house and make it look so clean and put together. My parents are coming tomorrow. Let's see if DH has the courtesy of moving the box so the house looks as clean and put together for them as it has to look for his parents. Highly doubt it.

Men!

lilycat88
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
I once left a greasy used skillet on the stove for 2 weeks waiting for my DH to wash it. It was from a night he said he would take care of cleaning up after dinner. After 2 weeks of not being done, I made a comment about how he didn't like washing pots and pans and he looked at me like "what?". He evidently hadn't seen it...on the stove...a 10 inch skillet...that he had to move to cook other things. *eyeroll*

dules
12-07-2006, 09:37 AM
We still have a box of newborn handknit (by MIL) sweaters etc. that SIL sent to us when DD was born (3 years ago). The sweaters were way too small by the time she sent it and I've been on DH to send them back to her - for 3 years.

It's now on a shelf in our closet but every time I tidy up in there I say to him "If we're not sending these back we really should throw them away" and he freaks and talks about how sentimental they are and how can I even think of throwing them away, etc. etc.

OK, but it has been three years. He has no interest in having another child, meanwhile SIL is trying to adopt. And...if anyone were to ask I bet he'd say he wasn't sure we still had them. :P

Mary

JennM
12-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh my gosh, that is my FAVORITE episode, probably because my DH is the same way.

No words of wisdom, just empathy!

psophia17
12-07-2006, 12:39 PM
DH is like this with, of all things, taking out the garbage. I have resorted to negotiating with him. Since MIL thinks badly of my housekeeping skills, and since the ILs live downstairs and come up for dinner every night, I offer to do all the dishes before MIL gets home from work, so DH doesn't have to hear about it (MIL knows better than to lecture me about the housekeeping, but she'll lecture DH...hee hee).

It usually works...

Bean606
12-08-2006, 12:40 PM
That is my aboslute favorite episode (and Raymond is my favorite show). It is MY life! It has gotten to the point where, if something has been sitting somewhere for a while, we ask each other -- Are you doing a Raymond with this? It happens with laundry that has to go down to be washed or up to be folded, shopping bags of items that have been purchased but not put away, papers and bills that should be brought to the office for filing/payment. . . you name it. We came home from vacation a month ago today, and his carry-on bag is still sitting in my guest room with his toiletry bag and books inside.

1ceng1
12-10-2006, 02:23 PM
LOL!! I also get the boxes of crap (oops keepsakes)!! I get them on a regular basis from ILs and never know what to do with them.

saschalicks
12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
OH MY G-D. Do you live in my house? I love that episode. Oh and whenever I watch it w/DH I always comment on how I totally get how Debra feels. You know he actually gets upset b/c he's not "that bad". Um we got a new computer in July the old one is sitting on the floor in our dining room. Why b/c it was sitting on the floor in our kitchen for 4 months before he moved it to the dining room. I've asked SEVERAL times for it to be thrown out or donated and it's still there. To him I'm just as bad if I leave a glass on the coffee table overnight. Yah I see the correlation there don't you? :P

I totally feel you. I totally feel you. I have no other words.

LarsMal
12-11-2006, 05:23 PM
LOL!!! That is so funny! I finally got DH to move the stupid box this weekend. When I "told" him to move it he said, "Why? I like it there." Oh, he thinks he's so funny!

Glad I'm not alone!