PDA

View Full Version : whine-why am i the only one who cleans?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-09-2006, 02:46 PM
I need some cheese with this. It's just that I went around the house AGAIN today picking up scraps of stuff, dirty dishes,socks,shoes and junk. I spend an hour picking up just from this morning. Dh gave ds and dd their decongestants and ds his amox. and I had to go behind him 10 minutes later to pick up and wash the dosage syringe and put it away,otherwise in 6 hours he would have torn the house apart looking for them because he didn't put them away correctly in the first place. GGRRRRRR.
I"m just tired of picking up after everybody. At least dd helps to pick up shoes and she did a great job of putting her pajamas in the dirty laundry this morning. I know...baby steps.
I also seem to be the only person capable of putting the dishes in the sink and then the dishwasher!! why is this a problem for dh. I can't figure it out. I just get so irritated on the weekends. And tonight we're supposed to go to fil's annual christmas with santa dinner at his mason's lodge. So I have to get everyone ready to go out also.
I can't remember the last time dh vacuumed, the last time he cleaned the bathroom floor was before we brought ds home.
But.. he does load and unload the dishes sometimes,cleans the litter boxes,takes out the trash(sometimes needs prompting),changes diapers,wipes bottoms,cleans up ALL cat yark,works 40 hours a week,Ok,so maybe it's not that bad.
But-If he could just learn to dust occasionally,or pick up his socks!!!

jen

KrisM
12-09-2006, 09:08 PM
I'll send some cheese.

DH is great. He does a lot around the house. But, he's also terrible at cleaning up after himself. Socks on the floor. Beer bottle tops on the counter. I always am putting those things where they go. Drives me nuts.

scoop22
12-09-2006, 10:00 PM
i hear you!! the worst is when you clean. it looks so nice dh comes home and it is a mess. it drives me crazy. i have given up on cleaning and dh doesn't mind. he will help when it really bothers him that i am not doing anything. i hope it gets better for you
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

kozachka
12-10-2006, 02:53 AM
I could have written your post except I am lucky if DH puts his dirty dishes in the sink (as opposed to leaving it on the table, we do not have a dishwasher), had changes diapers only about as many times in 1.5 years that DS was wearing them that I can count on my hands but is finally helping with feed feeding, bathing and getting DS to sleep so not as bad as it's used to be. We now also have a cleaning lady who cleanes bathrooms and such.

I do not pick up DH socks. I launder them if they make it to the laundry pail, otherwise tough... they stay dirty. After nagging DH for years on this subject, I explained to him that I get grossed out by touching his dirty sox (might have mentioned that it impairs my ability to get intimate with him ;) ) and that if he wants to have clean socks to wear he needs to get them to the laundry pail. There were a few occasions when DH ran out of clean socks as he forgot to move them to laundry. I explained once again that since there were not in the laundry pail I had no way knowing they were dirty in the first place and I have no time to check on his stuff. These days DH is much much better (like 80% compliance) about getting his socks to where they belong.

MamaMolly
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Jen,
I think we married identical twins! And you are right, weekends are the WORST, it is like I have to clean up after DD and a huge baby too. Yick.

Laundry:
DH: Why is the hamper in the middle of the bathroom floor?
Me: Because that's where you put your clothes when you take them off. I thought it might help you get them INTO the basket.
(The hamper was previously one foot away, against the wall. Litterally)

Toilet seat:
Me: (A little hysterical, calling from the bathroom) Honey, come quick!!! The potty is broken!!!
DH: (rushes in, looks at potty) What? What's wrong with it?
Me: You know that thingie that automatically lowers the seat after you've peed? It quit working! (Ok, just to clarify, we don't have any 'thingy' that lowers the seat)

I've tried nagging, the only thing that works is humor.
Molly

BaileyBea
12-11-2006, 05:05 PM
What is it w/men and their socks???????

I am empathize with you totally!

scoop22
12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
yeh and ds is learning bad habbits. i know he is young but he does what dh does. grrrrrrrrrrr
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

tiapam
12-11-2006, 10:43 PM
One thing that helps me is if we are both doing something to help at the same time. He does DD's baths and since she is afraid of the vacuum I do that while he bathes her. It feels like we are working together. Also, he sees that I am doing something, and not taking that time to relax. I find it's better to relax at the same time, too.

-Pam

DD - Two years old!

mommyto4
12-12-2006, 01:26 PM
I have three children at home and they have all picked up on DHs bad habits. I feel like I'm only here to pick up everyones junk. It is soooo frustrating. It's also hard to teach the kids to help clean up when their dad doesn't.

mommyto4
12-12-2006, 01:26 PM
I have three children at home and they have all picked up on DHs bad habits. I feel like I'm only here to pick up everyones junk. It is soooo frustrating. It's also hard to teach the kids to help clean up when their dad doesn't.

elephantmeg
12-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Amen sista. If I didn't have to pick up everything that was used while I was at work while slightly sleep deprived from not getting to bed til 1 am and getting woken up at 5 am by my screaming teething munchkin and then up for the day at 7:30/7:45 I might be be a happier person. DH can't seem to see anything that is left out-milk and food from the baby sitters, empty bottles on the coffee table, socks scattered... argh!