PDA

View Full Version : I lost a family heirloom

AngelaS
12-09-2006, 02:52 PM
We travelled this week to visit my inlaws and somehow, I lost the diamond pendant I inherited from my grandma. Grandpa gave it to Grandma for their 40th wedding anniversary, I wore it in my wedding and since I was grandma's favorite, she gave it to me in her will. I'm SO sad that it's gone that I started crying when I noticed the chain was empty and haven't stopped.

The odd thing was that I was sitting in the airport with the kids and dh and M was messing with my necklace. I got up and walked around the sitting area w/the girls and when I came back dh was standing next to where we were sitting because some teenage/college age kid came and sat down in my chair when we got up. I wonder if he saw it fall??

I've called the airport a couple of times, I've looked in the lost and found ads of the Spokane paper (but the guy I think might have picked it up may have been passing thru as well)and I don't know what to do next.

Grandma loved that necklace and wore it daily. I'm SO sad I feel almost like I've lost her all over again. :sob:

wencit
12-09-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm so sorry. I have no words of advice, but just wanted to give you a big {{{hug}}}. That really sucks. :(

oliviasmomma
12-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh, that is terrible. I hope someone finds it and it makes it's way back to you. :( My mom lost the watch her grandfather gave her on his deathbed--she still misses it and that was twenty years ago.

octmom
12-09-2006, 07:47 PM
I am so sorry! I have a diamond pendant given to me by my late grandfather just before I got married. He had the stone from my late grandmother's engagement ring set into a pendant for me and it was my "something old" on my wedding day. I was also very close to my grandmother and I feel like she is with me when I wear it. I know how heartbroken I would be if I lost it. ((hug))

Ignore this if you are not the praying/ praying to saints type, but my Grandma used to say a prayer to St. Anthony and put a pair of scissors on top of the stove whenever we lost something. I have no idea where the scissors part came from, but we still do it (family tradition) when we lose anything important. It's worth a try!

Jerilyn
DS, 10/03
DD, 3/06

buddyleebaby
12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm so sorry.

DebbieJ
12-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh, no!!

(((HUGS)))

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

kijip
12-09-2006, 11:57 PM
That sucks. I am so sorry.

Being in Spokane is hard enough without losing stuff. Curses to whoever picked it up and was not honest enough to turn it in.

deenass
12-10-2006, 08:12 AM
SO sorry that you lost it, I lost the bradcelet that my parents got me for my 16th birthday, I still miss it!!!!