PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the "favor" DH!!

1ceng1
12-10-2006, 03:20 PM
DH did it once again...disguising a day long trip his parents house as a "favor" to me.

DH took the kids out for a car ride to visit friends nearby and to induce a nap in DD#2. It was to be about a 2 hour thing. He then calls me to tell me he is on his way to his parents house (45 mins away) to have lunch and will be home around 5:30, making this a 6 hour ordeal. I tell him that I miss the kids and have been waiting for them to get home. He does his masterful spinning and says "well, I just wanted to give you some time alone". He thinks I'm stupid. He is only doing this to appease his mother who is apparently available to see the kids today.

I am a SAHM but still miss my kids when DH takes them out for more than a few hours at a time. He knows this. I especially don't appreciate being treated like a fool with his "favors" that only benefit his parents. He knows I don't like his parents since they act like grandparents only when it is convenient. (they are the ones with no pics of our kids in their house and have missed their birthday parties in favor of going to college f-ball games and going on vacations instead).

chlobo
12-10-2006, 04:45 PM
My DH sometimes disguises things as "favors" for me when in reality its not. I feel your pain.

I would kill for 6 hours of alonetime. So if he ever wants to take my kid to see his mother, please send him over.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Foul!!!

I say you earned a trip to the spa/pedimani place of your choice. If he wants to spend time w/ the kids-let him have it. Next time he spins you-get more creative.

deenass
12-10-2006, 07:18 PM
This is your b*&%ch and you have every right to your feelings. Perhaps if you DH was upfront with you about what he was doing it would go over better.

I'm sure a number of people will reply and say "lucky you" you got time alone and DH was nice enough to take kids to visit his parents alone (as opposed to dragging you along). He knows you don't like them and isn't subjecting you to them.

Truthfully, it's good for your kids to spend time alone with their dad and with their grandparents - I'd ask him to tell you his "plans" ahead of time in the future and see if that makes a difference in how you feel.

1ceng1
12-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Exactly. If he was honest with me I would have understood. He took DD#1 to a college game Friday night with the ILs and I didn't mind b/c he was upfront about it. I just don't like the sneaky way he goes about taking the kids to their house for hours on end.

nov04
12-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Nice thing for most moms but he should have been honest.