PDA

View Full Version : My gathering was a bust....

deannamorrison
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Ok, maybe not a complete bust, but a disappointment. I decided to throw a holiday gathering for friends . Three people from work said they would come and two people from outside of work also agreed to come.
I cleaned my house like a crazy woman, brought in $60 worth of Chinese from a popular restaraunt, grabbed some Corona and wine, had a beautiful Italian rum cake on display and, last but not least, created favors of winter themed mugs with Lindt chocolates inside.
Well, two people did not show up.I wasn't surprised about the first one but was shocked about the second. I mean, he called two hours before the party, asked again about directions, promised to be there..and then never showed.No call.Nothing.I tried calling him a few times last night and once today. I was concerned that something had happened to him.....But deep down inside I'm pretty sure this guy just blew it off. He's 31 going on 21, if you know what I mean, and I think he just found a more hip gathering elsewhere. What sucks is that I have to face this guy at work tomorrow..and what do I say?Oh thanks for blowing me off????
Now let's talk about the people who did come-only one person decided to eat!!!! Sigh. So now I will be eating Chinese for the next week because only one of my guests decided to eat the food I bought....

bcky2
12-10-2006, 09:09 PM
im so sorry. i hate when people do things like that and it happens to me every time i plan a small party with friends and family. i have almost given up doing things like this because of it. well if i was there i so would have eaten as i love chinese and the mugs with chocolate was a neat idea. i would have come and had fun :) tomorrow go in and hold your head high and just give the look so that he is the one that is uncomfortable, not you }(

1ceng1
12-10-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry it turned out the way it did. I for one would have loved to be at such a party.
You did more than I could have.

oliviasmomma
12-10-2006, 09:19 PM
They totally missed out, you sound like a wonderful host! People can be so thoughtless about RSVP's sometimes.

dules
12-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Sounds like you did everything right. As for the guy at work, *he* is the one who should be worried about facing you. That was not nice of him at all (assuming he is not in a ditch somewhere....!).

Mary

deannamorrison
12-10-2006, 09:23 PM
>im so sorry. i hate when people do things like that and it
>happens to me every time i plan a small party with friends and
>family. i have almost given up doing things like this because
>of it. well if i was there i so would have eaten as i love
>chinese and the mugs with chocolate was a neat idea. i would
>have come and had fun :) tomorrow go in and hold your head
>high and just give the look so that he is the one that is
>uncomfortable, not you }(

Good call, but I might wait to see if anything bad happened to him first

ShanaMama
12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
That is so frustrating. Some people just don't understand or don't care how much work you put into planning something. If it's not convenient for them, goodbye.
I think it's very charitable of you to be giving him the benefit of the doubt for so long. Hope he's ok but has a really good excuse for not showing.

kijip
12-10-2006, 11:32 PM
There is no excuse except death or hospitalization for blowing off a dinner party with no notice. There is no excuse except allergy or religious objection for not eating at least some of your host's food. Sorry these people were so rude!

mommy111
12-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Thank you! ITTTTTTA (those are several totallys in there)
Deanna, you can fedex some of that Chinese food here to me :)