PDA

View Full Version : We send pics EVERY year....

youngmommy
12-10-2006, 09:18 PM
So you can stop "reminding" me already!!!!

I have a family member who sends holiday cards every year. (Not being PC, we're a family of many religious preferences.) She always sends hers super early, and always reminds me that she would like to have pictures again this year. Ok, I've sent pics out at this time of year, every year, for several years now. I already have the cards, the stamps and the pics for this year. I just need to sign, assemble and mail. I am so sick of the reminders!!! Is there a polite way of letting her know that I plan to do this every year in my card, or should I put an alarm on my PDA to send her card before Thanksgiving next year??
Grrrr!!

deannanb
12-10-2006, 09:30 PM
I would just send her card out just after Thanksgiving. Then hers is over and done with and if you want to send others you can! It will get her off of your back without having to say anything to her.

C99
12-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Maybe it's just her way of saying that she appreciates the photos you send and she likes them?

julieakc
12-11-2006, 02:57 AM
>Maybe it's just her way of saying that she appreciates the
>photos you send and she likes them?

I agree....maybe it is just her way, although I certainly see how her method is annoying. I think a better way, if she is trying to relay her appreciation of them, would be something like:

"I always enjoy your pictures so much; looking forward to getting this year's pictures".

The nice thing about that is, IMO, that if you weren't going to send pictures she's being so nice that you might be inclined to send her some, and if, as you are, you were planning on sending pictures, it just lets you know that she's looking forward to getting them.

youngmommy
12-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks you guys! I was just in a b!tchy mood last night over this. (This was obviosly not the first passive agressive "reminder.") We have so many people to send pictures to, as DH and I both come from split families, with lots of living grandparents. In fact, I still have a living great-grandmother. It's a huge blessing.