PDA

View Full Version : Screwed for being nice! Is it just me?

Melanie
12-11-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm livid. I ordered a BabyHawk Mei Tai (baby carrier) 2+ months ago. It was custom, pricey, gorgeous and worth it. I also splurged to get a matching bag so this beauty wouldn't be banging around my car in a Target bag (seems shameful!) like my other carriers/slings. My carrier came, no bag. I realized I had never been invoiced for it (an add-on to the order) so I emailed them and paid and was told the person who would sew it was on vacation and would do it as soon as she returned. No problem. I wait a few weeks, trying hard to be patient and not a nag. No bag. I email again. "Oops, some how it was sewn and never shipped, it will ship right away!" Okay, patient (and dumb) me waits a few more weeks. "Oops, looks like the Post Office must have lost it. Rather than fuss with them, we will send you another one." A few DAYS later, the much-anticipated envelope arrives from BabyHawk. I was so excited!! I couldn't believe it was finally here! I wondered which if my two fabrics she'd chosen. I open it. WRONG FABRIC! NOT EVEN FREAKIN' CLOSE. UGH. Okay, I kindly (as have been all along "more bees with honey" as they say) let them know of the error. Now they say they mixed me up with another Melanie, so sorry, they are out of my fabric (BOTH?!) and will refund my money. I can keep the bag. IT DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO MATCHING. I was so patient and so nice and what did I get for it? NOTHING.
I don't even like the fabric it came in and it clashes.

I'm so sad. I know, this is not important at all and I should be thankful that this is the biggest b*tch I have in my life, but I just HAD to vent. I'm still seething. I hope I can move on now.

I'm most mad b/c while I was being kind and patient they apparently ran out of my fabrics. They didn't even offer to make it in another one that might go remotely. And YES, I did let them know how very disappointed I was that all along I've been patient and polite and now am paying the price. The response I got was, essentially, "so sad, too bad, here's your refund."

Thanks.

buddyleebaby
12-12-2006, 02:03 AM
I can understand how you would be disappointed after waiting so long.
What a let down!

Hope you can enjoy your mei tai anyway!

denna
12-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Wow that does stink! I would be so disappointed too. Is there any other company you could get a matching bag from? If you tell me the fabric or send a pic I would be more than happy to help you look. Maybe you could sell the *free* bag on ebay or baby swap and get a little $$$ for it.

Let me know if I can help.

lizajane
12-12-2006, 09:53 AM
ditto- if you show me the fabric and i can find it, i will make you one.

tarynsmum
12-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I would post it on the FSOT board on TBW, I bet it'll sell. YOu could also post a pic of the BabyHawk/fabric and see if anyone has the bag.

I agree, that totally stinks.

Melanie
12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Thank you, that's a very kind offer. The design is pretty simple so I can probably do it, I just don't sew too often.

Great ideas, though, I'm sure I could find something on eBay if I know the names:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/AutumnMomma/ToShare/bh_limemarbles.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/AutumnMomma/ToShare/bh_flame_flat.jpg

And actually, anything coordinating would be nice.

lizajane
12-12-2006, 08:56 PM
what about a red twill bag? i am not familiar with those fabrics, but i could make you a red twill bag with a monogram or name or kiddo's name or "babywearer" or whatever on it... to glam it up. maybe in a bright yellow to go with the designs.

tarahsolazy
12-13-2006, 01:25 AM
That really sucks. I have to admit I've been getting less patient with WAHM businesses recently. I think if you've got a business, that's great, but you'd better communicate well with your customers and run a professional ship! At least they gave you a refund, though, that's very professional.

I don't like the "oops, forgot, my kid has been sick" or "she's got a new baby", etc. They need to keep in touch by email when these things happen, IMO.

denna
12-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Could you email me the pics that you posted? For some reason I cannot see them, I will help you look.

knaidel
12-14-2006, 09:32 PM
ugh! that stinks. I do want to tell you this- post the pictures on the babywearer. that top fabric you have is very popular it's called "Bohemian Circles," by Free Spirit. You should be able to find it without too much trouble. I have a Beco in Bohemian Summer, which is pretty similar.

Is this it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-SPIRIT-FABRIC-BOHEMIAN-RETRO-CIRCLES-MARBLES-D1467_W0QQitemZ110054063802QQcmdZViewItem