PDA

View Full Version : No Nap on exam day

niccig
12-12-2006, 05:29 PM
So, today I have an exam and for all past exam days DS won't sleep. I couldn't get anyone to babysit, so I figured I would do whatever I had to get DS to nap. But when DH and I swapped cars half-way to DH's work, he drove off with DS's doll in the back seat, the ONLY doll he will sleep with. We do have a back-up, but that's the doll that was in the car, as yesterday DS hid the real doll somewhere and I couldn't find it. So now without the real or the back-up doll, DS won't sleep...so continues the no naps on exam days.

Off to buy a back-up to the back-up doll.

Nicci

ellies mom
12-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Big hugs! DD was the worst napper on any day that I had to study or write. It was just killing me.

Good luck on the final.

lizajane
12-12-2006, 08:56 PM
your post title made me think, "NO-SLEEP-ON-BID-DAY!" from my sorority days... can't help with the exam part. but it made me chuckle to think of it...

oliviasmomma
12-13-2006, 12:54 AM
I've BTDT! It is so frustrating that on the day you really need them to nap, they'll do anything but. It's like they can sense the urgency or something.

robinsonbn
12-13-2006, 03:17 AM
Awe I feel for you. Luckily Ds has been his usual sleepy self this week so I have been able to study. But I know how stressful exams are. Goodluck!

niccig
12-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks everyone. DS did sleep for 45 mins, enough time to draw up a matrix and I revised it when he woke up and we watched Mr Rogers. The test wasn't too bad - could have been better, but could have been worse. I know I passed, but I wanted to keep my A. I'll find out in a few weeks.

Nicci

caheinz
12-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Heh heh.

It holds true on the other side, too. I had to give a final at 8am this morning, and of course, this is the morning DS decides that he doesn't want to wake up, doesn't know what he wants for breakfast (and says no to all offers), wants the portable thing he does choose on a plate (despite needing to leave within about 5 mins of him getting it), doesn't want to get dressed to go, does want to undo his own pajama buttons (a normally-patience-trying affair), etc etc. Oh, and he didn't want to go to sleep last night so I could finish writing the final for 10am...

Thank goodness I got the 8am exam copied last night and just had to stop in my office to grab it and run over the the classroom!