PDA

View Full Version : FIL STOLE MY PRESENT FOR DH!!

robinsonbn
12-13-2006, 03:26 AM
I love my FIL I do. But last week he asked us what we wanted and we gave him lists. Well, DH listed 3 things I was already getting him. One he really really wanted. Well since I couldn't say anything right there I called FIL later and told him I was already getting those things for DH. The one he really really wants (a collectors figure) is hard to find. I told FIL I knew were to get it and had them holding one for me. Well, two days ago DH buys it himself...apparently FIL called him and told him since he didn't know were to get it and DH did he could just pick it up himself and FIL would reimburse him...as long as he brought it to the house so he could wrap it and everything....now ok less money for me to spend...but I was very excited to get it for DH. FIL stole my "points" as far as gifts go! I mean I told him I was already getting it and he just went and pulled this. Maybe I am being over dramatic about it but well it was just kind of shady IMO. DH and I get each other 5 presents each year. 3 fun ones and 2 "staples" ex. I always get DH Socks and Boxers. The other 3 I put alot of thought into and have known what I was getting since October. Now I have to come up with some other exciting gift :(.

denna
12-13-2006, 06:28 AM
(Hugs) Brittany. I don't think you are being over dramatic at all. I would feel the same way. Gifts are hard for me to find for DH as it is and actually keep them to give them to him for Xmas (but that's another post) ;). I couldn't imagine how I feel or what I would say to FIL if something like this happened. I hope you are able to figure something just as special out, if you need any help let me know.

candybomiller
12-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Honestly, that is a rotten trick to pull. Nice spirit of Christmas.

Jenn98
12-13-2006, 11:35 AM
I'd be p!ssed. FIL gets coal this year, it's official.

saschalicks
12-13-2006, 08:01 PM
My exes mom did that to me once. You know I realized that it was about her wanting the control. She wanted to buy it she wanted to be the one to give it to him and she wanted to spend a lot more money then I had. That way it was super expensive gift. I was so pissed. So when we walked into a store and I saw one I liked I bought it for him on the spot. In the end I just felt like someone wasn't listening when I was speaking and that is the worst feeling in the world. Good luck finding something for DH.

robinsonbn
12-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I can't figure out why FIL did it. Luckily I figured out another present after shopping all day today. But when I bought FIL's today I did it through gritted teeth :)

DrSally
12-14-2006, 09:32 AM
That's so rude, although not uncommon I'm afraid. I don't know who people can look each other in the face after doing something like this.

luvmypeanut
12-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Reminds me of the movie "Stepmom" where Julia Roberts asks Susan Sarandon if she can take SS's daughter to a Pearl Jam concert, SS says no, then proceeds to get tickets to take her daughter herself.

Sorry this happened to you. Hope you think of something even better.

Melanie
12-15-2006, 07:01 PM
What an Ass. I think a piece of coal in a box would get the point across. ;)