PDA

View Full Version : Why always a downer?

LD92599
12-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I snagged a GPS via the Amex wishlist program - it's something we've been toying with for awhile but never actually clicked BUY! Bingo, got a TomTom GO 700 for $299, so it looks like a decent unit and a good deal based on links to Amazon, ebay, etc. I'm sure i could recoup my $$ and fee's via ebay if we decide we really don't NEED it.

I emailed my sister to tell her we *finally* did it and her response? "Well, it's an old model, the 900 is better!" WTH?! Yeah of course the 900 would be better..and alot more $$ i'm sure. Can't you just say, wow, great..it's about time..or something NICE!

Laura
Will is three and a half - we're now making progress with sleeping!

DebbieJ
12-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Sounds like my older sister!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

KBecks
12-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Hmm.. She is a downer. I guess I'd stop sharing some life details.

nbs2
12-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Exactly what did you tell her/did she know?

If I was your sister (well, actually brother), and all you told me was that you finally bit the bullet and got the 700, I would have responded the same way. If you are going to spend the money to get the 700, you can pony up a little more and get the 900 which is better. A little more now will mean more happiness later. I'm the gadget geek in my family, so I tend to offer rather blunt advice instead of praise.

Now, if you told her that you did it because you got a good deal on the 700 that finally brought it into your range and the difference from the 900 was significant, ignore the above.;)