PDA

View Full Version : My brother is useless

buddyleebaby
12-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Despite the fact that he and his gf have been together for seven years, I really don't feel like I know her well. I see her all the time and we're friendly and we hang out around my mom's house together but we're not close enough to really talk about anything of substance iykwim.
So I NEVER know what to get her for Christmas and I always feel bad that she is getting these generic gifts from me because I am so clueless. i would like to give her something she LOVES, you know. She's so sweet. I'm pretty good at picking out clothes to suit her taste but she's really petite so it is very hard to find the right size. I'm getting off track here.
So EVERY YEAR I ask my brother what I can get her for Christmas, every year he says he will get back to me, and every year his final answer is no help. Last year he told me that he was going to get her some blush. This year he told me that she likes thing that are blue.
What does that MEAN? I asked him to be more specific and his reply was "Well, she also likes things that are shiny."
What is this, Blue's Clues? Blue aluminum foil????
Argh.

KBecks
12-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Can you just get her phone number and talk to her yourself? :)

lizajane
12-15-2006, 03:45 PM
how about a blue bead necklace? http://tinyurl.com/y86kxy

LarsMal
12-15-2006, 03:56 PM
LOL at your Blues Clues comment!! Things that are blue, and shiny- sounds like a typical man!

Can he at least tell you what stores she likes? That way if you got her the wrong size/something she didn't really care for she could at least exchange it at a store she likes.

psophia17
12-15-2006, 05:45 PM
My BIL is useless, too - I'll ask him what to get for your B's gf ;)

Maybe an accessory to suit her taste? Just reading your post (with your bro's clues), I'd shoot for a brooch or a nice silk scarf or something...an accessory they'd have the mannequin on What Not to Wear modeling...

bunnisa
12-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Sephora gift certificate? They sell blush, blue eyeshadow, and some of the packaging is shiny!

...blessed wife and mama to two!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

C99
12-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Ugh, I am sorry. I asked my brother once to get his wife and he said, "Books." I was like, "Books? That is a pretty broad category." He never gave me a more concrete definition.

hwin708
12-15-2006, 11:29 PM
You should get her some incredibly tacky gift along those lines, and when she opens it, say "Well, I asked brother what you liked, and he said shiny blue things."
Then give her the real present (which clearly you will have to think up on your own).

Even if she doesn't love what you give her, she'll appreciate the ammunition to tease your brother for the rest of time!

DrSally
12-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Those clues are hilarious! Does he do any better with gifts for her?

boys2enough
12-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Blue?

Blue and shiny?

Anything from Tiffany's??!!

LOL.

I am curious too about what he gives her every year. :) And what does he give you and the others in the family very year? ;-)

Cheers, Lin

http://smilies.vidahost.com/kao/otn/pnkypanda.gif

buddyleebaby
12-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Ee always gets her jewelery. Everything except an engagement ring, which is of course what she (and we) are waiting for.

JBaxter
12-17-2006, 08:33 AM
try this site for some ideas

http://www.gifts.com/finder