PDA

View Full Version : My regifting story

1ceng1
12-15-2006, 10:05 PM
SIL (we'll call her Kathy) gave me a Coach makeup case for Christmas last year. It wasn't my taste. I knew I'd never use it. Still, I thought it was nice of her to get me something of such good quality (we're not that close).
Months later I'm talking to Kathy's SIL (we'll call her Heidi). Heidi mentions to me she had received a Coach make up case a few years ago from her brother and regifted it to Kathy. So, I was 3rd in a chain of regifting and am still the current owner of a new, unused Coach make-up case!
To this day, Kathy has no idea that both Heidi and I know of the case's origins. As amusing as this was to find out, I am still a bit hurt that Kathy thought so little me.

kozachka
12-16-2006, 03:49 AM
While I do understand where you are coming from, I myself re-gift things. As long as the item is nice quality, people seem to be happy. I am careful to re-gift it to pp who don't know each other to avoid situations like yours. Why not sell this makeup case on eBay and buy something you really like?

lizajane
12-16-2006, 08:25 AM
i don't think it means she thinks little of you at all!!! that is a nice gift that she could have sold but instead she gave it to you. i love coach and would consider it a generous gift. (that you can now pass along...)

dules
12-16-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't think that means she thinks little of you. I've received and re-gifted items in the past that I think a friend or family member would enjoy more than me.

So - who can *you* regift it to? It might become a family laugh. ;)

Mary

chlobo
12-16-2006, 09:27 AM
My cousin regifted a baby book to me for DDs shower. Problem was it had an inscription in it to her. Guess she didn't notice.