PDA

View Full Version : Is Dorothy the Dinosaur on crack?

cmdunn1972
12-16-2006, 07:14 AM
DS loves dancing to "The Wiggles", but Dorothy's laugh sounds dreadful. Am I the only one who feels this way?

What's up with all the annoying dinosaurs featured in children's tv programs anyway? IMO, Dorothy and Barney aren't exactly inspiring representatives of the prehistoric community.

candybomiller
12-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Yes, Dorothy is on crack. It's all those roses.

cmdunn1972
12-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I mean I like flowers and all, but not for breakfast! :P

cstack
12-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, now you know why their extinct! I find her *slightly* more tolerable than Barney, though. I haven't watch Barney in years, but the big turn off for me with him was the fact that they always had these kids on there that were like 14 or 15 years old. Really, now, Unless they are on crack, no 14 year old kid is going to play wih an imaginary purple dinosaur (come to think of it, I don't think it's crack that does that either, but rather LSD).

scoop22
12-19-2006, 09:20 PM
i am so tired of the wiggles. that is all ds will watch. so it is my only option at times. this gives me a little time to get things done. i know what you mean about the laugh. i can hear it now and the wiggles aren't even on. we have yet to watch barney in this house. i might keep it that way. dh hates barney.

i will think this post everyime i hear dorothy laugh.
http://b2.lilypie.com/XbITm4.png

cmdunn1972
12-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I don't mind it so much, but they do seem to repeat a lot of the same songs and segments. DS is really into music, though, so I like having something kid-friendly that he can boogie to. :) If it weren't for that godawful laugh...

Barney is not an option at our house. I wish I could say the same for the Teletubbies, but DH puts it on for DS sometimes. (That's fodder for another bitch!)

cmdunn1972
12-20-2006, 08:11 PM
LOL I'm not exactly an expert on which drug causes which mental defect. ;)

When Barney first came on in the '80s, my brother was at the target age. My Mom refused to put it on for the same reason you mentioned, that the kids were too old to be playing with a purple dinosaur. Her other gripe was the plastic smiles on the kids' faces.