PDA

View Full Version : Left stranded without a phone call

EvaMC
12-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't know if I am mad or If I'm just an idiot. We made a huge expense to go home for the holidays and to help us out with expenses (car rental costs were crazy when we looked a couple of months ago) and to help our friends out who needs some extra cash we were going to borrow one of their vehicles for the week and pay them. Well they aren't returning our phone calls to say if we are still on! I've been trying to reach them for over a week and we fly out on Friday. Luckily, I found a week rental for aound $200 and I can make it work, but I'm hurt. This is around what we were going to give them, so should I just book it? Or wait another day? I'm OK if things came up, but couldn't they tell me either way? Even email me? These are great friends and I'll let it go, but I just had to vent. I'm afraid they'll get mad at us for making alternate plans and them not getting the $$. I;d love to hear what you think

Mommy Of A Little Angel
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I would book it just in case. Most times it is just a reservation and you aren't tied into it anyway. It is really weird that they aren't calling you back. When (if!) they do, tell them that you booked it just in case. They shouldn't get mad because you need to a way to get around! Hopefully they are just super busy and haven't gotten around to giving you a call back. Sorry this is adding stress to your travels. I hope everything turns out great and your plans go smoothly.

nfowife
12-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Can you call and leave a message AND email them with a message saying "I haven't heard back from you, I know it's a crazy busy time of year, but I really need to make sure it is still okay to use your car when we are home. I have found a cheap rental so if I don't hear back from you by tomorrow at noonish I am going to reserve that so we know we have a car to use. Hope all is well! Bye!"

I think something along those lines is completely reasonable.

Wife_and_mommy
12-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I would definitey book it if you found a deal. They're gone in miliseconds this time of year.

I'd call/email one last time and tell them you're finding alternate transportation.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

http://b1.lilypie.com/QQKqm4.png
http://b3.lilypie.com/UnbPm4.png

emilyf
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Book it. Borrowing your friends car sounds like kind of a bad idea anyway-what if something happens? Maybe they are having 2nd thoughts but don't want to say (which is lame of course).
Emily mom of Charlie born 11/02 and Zoe born 9/05

robinsonbn
12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
I would maybe keep trying...although they should have called you back I mean they knew this was going on. It's not like they shouldn't be expecting your call. Honestly, you need to make sure you guys have your Holiday's figured out. If they miss out because they can't get back to you then it's their own fault (sorry if that sounds harsh). I hope things work out for you. Freinds can be so frustrating this time of year. Best Wishes! Happy Holidays!

Jenn98
12-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Call and/or email and say "I'm sorry we haven't connected, but if I do not hear back from you by noon tomorrow I will have to book the car rental. I just cannpt pass up this deal when I'm not sure if we are still on. I know you will understand."

candybomiller
12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Reserve the car asap!!! You can always back out of the reservation if you need to, but once the cars are gone, they are gone.

I'm sorry your friends aren't returning your calls. I hope that nothing is wrong.

denna
12-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Sorry your travelling has become even more stressful.

I would reserve the rental car *just in case*, you can always back out of a rental car. I hope you are able to reach them soon.

Denna