PDA

View Full Version : This drives me nuts... Online Retailers

kayte
12-18-2006, 05:56 PM
There is a online baby product store that offers the same item on their site, on Amazon.com and on eBay for drastically different prices. That makes me crazy. I almost bought a stroller from them through Amazon because I had a GC and because they were offering it onsale on Amazon but not their regular site. It was a 2006 model. I waited one day too long and it was gone. I was searching eBay today --completed sales ---to see what the stroller was going for on there. And there was the stroller --specifically the same color of a 2006 model--- from their eBay store that sold for $40 less. I have purchased from the website in the past but to see that they are selling merchandise this way, I have decided to no longer buy from them. I understand that consumers should do their own homework to get the best deal, but you should at least know that if you are buying an item from an online store they aren't selling the exact same item to others for almost half price, the same day. If that happened in a b&m store, we would all be mad. I am not sure there is a difference.

Geee, maybe this post should go in the bitchin' post...I really went off... sorry...

megs4413
12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
i noticed this in my search for office supplies...the same company selling cheaper on amazon...it was really annoying...

newmomto3kids
12-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Nothing cheeses me more than seeing a lower price for something that I have just purchased. But from the same company...I would have gone nutty on someone.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Factor in the shipping costs too and it might come out the same. Companies often sell for less on eBay so they show up first in a search, and then add more for shipping costs than if you buy it direct on their site where they might have free shipping. That also lets them pay less in eBay fees.

candybomiller
12-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Which online retailer is this? Just so we know to avoid it (or look for lower prices).

jal
12-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I can top that (but only slightly). How about different prices from the same retailer, but the only difference is which store you go to.

I recently started to notice how the local Wal-Marts price items differently depending upon which part of town they are in.

For example, I might go to the Wal-Mart near my office to pickup the latest DVD release. They might have it for $16.99. But then I go shopping that night at the Wal-Mart closer to home and find that they have the same new release DVD selling for $15.99.

I also specifically remember that when the original Star Wars Trilogy came out of DVD, the price difference between the stores was $5 difference for a set of DVDs selling for about $45.