PDA

View Full Version : 45 minutes with phone company

C99
12-19-2006, 05:53 PM
There is NOTHING worse than having to be on the phone with any vendor/merchant during the daytime with 2 kids at home. I was on the phone w/ the phone company for 45 minutes today while they transferred me to 4 different departments TWICE before they found the right person to help me. Meanwhile, my DS, who seems to have some kind of radar that detects the second I get on the phone to come ask me a question (over and over and over again....) or to do/get him something, is pestering me the entire time. I would have ordered online, but of course, it was an upgrade to an existing product and the site wouldn't allow it, so I had no choice to call during business hours. Then I finally talk to the right person and he tells me that they are sending the confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address on record for my account - NOT the one I gave them and check daily, but the address that came with my account when I set it up 4 years ago and I've never checked, and they can't change it.

I had to get up extra early this morning to drive DH to the orthologist, and someone called 1/2 hour into our family nap and woke DS up, so I already had a short fuse today. I just don't need this kind of aggravation in my life.

chlobo
12-19-2006, 06:48 PM
How frustrating. I can totally relate to the radar thing. DD does the exact same thing when I'm on the phone. She has a tendency to repeat questions anyhow but wehn I'm on the phone it is particularly annoying.

{{{hugs}}}

Hope whatever you were ordering comes through.

DebbieJ
12-20-2006, 01:29 AM
Doesn't it suck? I was trying to talk to my friend today and between my ds and her 3 dds, we could barely hear each other!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

kijip
12-20-2006, 01:51 AM
Well, if you were not pregnant I would joke that the only thing worse would be the same situation with *three* kids. :P But you know that!

Hope tomorrow is a better and more nap filled day!

psophia17
12-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Oh I so feel your pain! Something about the phone company not being able to manage a phone call properly drives me especially crazy.

And yes, little kids have phone radar. Either they're right there pestering you the whole time, driving you crazy, or you think they're quietly behaving themselves while they are in reality hiding in the corner emptying out an entire container of diaper rash ointment onto the carpet...you just can't win!