PDA

View Full Version : A stupid bitch: I had it in my shopping cart but didn't check out fast enough

SpaceGal
12-19-2006, 08:16 PM
GRRRR!!! I would LOVE to get DH a PS3 or a Nintendo Wii. DS kind of broke our GameCube and PS2 and DH has been eternally bummed. It would make a great gift since we just got a new TV and he hasn't been able to test out any games on it whatsoever and you know how men are with their toys.

Anywho, I had that stupid PS3 in my shopping cart, at first in disbelief but then quickly went to go punch in my info...and two seconds later GONE!

What makes me so mad about this is that I know a lot of people went nuts and greedy and went and bought these new systems to sell on eBay to make a profit. And from what I understand they aren't so they are just hoarding them to try to make a profit and if not return it. Yeah I understand wanting to make money but geez...that's just so annoying.

Bummer oh well, too bad DH will get a razor instead. Okie I'm good I just needed to get that off my chest.

tylersmama
12-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh, that really stinks! If it was in your cart, you should have been able to check out, especially if it was a really short time before you hit the submit button.

We finally were able to get a Wii last week. DH and I are both signed up for www.nintendofinder.com (they also have www.playstationfinder.com), which is a service that does automated searches of online retailers to find status or stock changes, and when it finds one, it emails you to notify you. It costs $6.

We got notified last week of four bundles that www.etoys.com had available, and we both happened to be online at the time. DH saw it first and told me to check my email. By the time I was able to get to it, 2 of the 4 bundles were already sold out (we're talking less than a couple of minutes). We were each able to get a different bundle in the shopping cart, then took a few minutes to compare them to figure out which one we actually wanted. DH's had extra controllers in it, so we went with that one, since the controllers are almost as hard to find as the system. It was delivered yesterday.

Don't give up quite yet, you might still get lucky! :)

set81616
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Several local gamestops (used to be EB games) in Orlando have them (don't ask why I am in so many game stores) and Toys R Us had ps3. Call around and you should be able to find at least 1 system locally.
HTH
Shannon