PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbors Officially Think I'm Crazy

JoyNChrist
12-20-2006, 01:58 AM
So we recently moved into a new house (which I know I've mentioned like 6000 times here, but I'm just so excited). Apparently, our new bathroom is not accustomed to the insane urination requirements of an increasingly pregnant woman. After my 12th trip to the bathroom today, I flushed, only to hear that ominous gurgling noise and see the bowl rapidly filling up with water. Okay, no huge deal, I say to myself, as I open the cabinet to retrieve the plunger. But wait...

WE DON'T HAVE A PLUNGER!!!

So the water's rising, I'm panicking, and I quickly run over to the neighbors' house and ask for their plunger (with obvious desperation in my voice). I fixed the toilet, mopped up the mess, and returned the plunger.

Now, all of this wouldn't have been so bad, except that these are the same neighbors who I inadvertently flashed the other day, while walking through the living room without a top on, because I forgot that my new front door has a full-length window.

Nice.

I'm SO getting them a Christmas present...

psophia17
12-20-2006, 03:11 AM
...sounds like you already got them a Christmas present, of sorts ;)

urquie
12-20-2006, 03:24 AM
a plunger option -

when i don't have time to get a plunger (actually i never grab the plunger, that's a job for dh!) i just take the lid off the back of the toilet and lift the little chain. that stops the flow of water from filling up the toilet. then i'll very slowly release the chain a bit at a time (or quick little open and closes), letting water back in the toilet - watching to make sure it doesn't get too close to overflowing. it may take a while, but i've never had a toilet overflow since i started doing this. then dh can take care of plunging when he gets home :)

maybe you could get your neighbor a nice new plunger!

VClute
12-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Take it from one with personal experience (s)... It PAYS to know where the shut off valve is for each toilet... and the WHOLE house. BTW, I'm sure your neighbors love getting to know you this way - They'll NEVER be afraid to borrow a cup of sugar! :)

Amy in NC
mom to Dixon, born 2/14/05
...and let the shopping begin!

A GIRL (!!) Due 3/30/07

LarsMal
12-20-2006, 09:40 AM
That is too funny. Maybe they'll show up with a Christmas present for you- a plunger of your very own!

dules
12-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Well, you have certainly made an impression. :P I think a small gift may well be in order.

Thanks for the laugh.

Mary

BaileyBea
12-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Stacy that's the best laugh i've had all day.

Go buy a plunger! Buy them a nice xmas gift. ;-)

Nancy

denna
12-21-2006, 04:14 AM
LOL. That is awesome Stacy! Too funny :D. Maybe they'll bring you some curtains and a new plunger :). I think a Christmas present is a good idea too.